Cocu come let lads attack

B4ev6is

44 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I was thinking similar. Some of the players just looked so disinterested. We have seen 20 - 25 minutes spells in the previous three games what we are capable of doing. Last night we had an extra attacking player on, but boy were they poor. You could see the frustration on Cocu's face during the game. I feel really sorry for the bloke. With all the stuff he has had to deal with since he has been manager here, now the players just aren't putting the effort in. 

I hate being critical of people, but if the players are reading this, you lot need to give yourselves a proper kick up the a55. You are well paid professionals representing our club. We expect to see you wear your shirt with pride and play to the best of your ability on the pitch. We know you can do it, and you know you have the ability. So get out there and bloody well play!!

As much as I agree with you, whenever the camera pans to the dugout Cocu is just stood there motionless and speechless.

If the players are not doing what they are told he should be giving them what for on the touchline or making substitutions early in the game to let the players know it is not acceptable.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I think most of the players could have done with a verbal attack last night. 

What I did see was Cocu looking increasingly detached as the game went on which was summed up in his post match interview where he came across as a man defeated. 

Agreed.

I think he knows he’s gone when this takeover happens. My personal view is that Mel is unlikely to sack him as he/the club would carry the costs pre takeover.

As for the players, they know Cocu is gone.

I’m not suggesting that’s a reason for the performance last night, but I do think to maintain integrity,  if players are playing well (or even working hard) they should keep the shirt. Buchanan not playing was inexplicable, as was the reason given for this decision. I’m not sure what MTW did wrong either against Bournemouth. I do get we wanted Jozwiak back in the side too, but this ongoing chopping and changing can’t help.

My final point would be, that the league table doesn’t lie. Perhaps we’re just not very good- an obvious statement, I knowHow many other teams would feature at this level three 35 year olds and a 34 year old in the same game? I do accept an exception should be made for Marshall as goalies age more slowly and he has been exceptional.

45 minutes ago, Van Rammeister said:

My final point would be, that the league table doesn’t lie. Perhaps we’re just not very good- an obvious statement, I knowHow many other teams would feature at this level three 35 year olds and a 34 year old in the same game? I do accept an exception should be made for Marshall as goalies age more slowly and he has been exceptional.

Other teams seem to have fast mobile players who are good on the ball and can move the ball quickly in diamonds to create space. 

Reading, QPR, Watford, Huddersfield have all played that way, I didn't see the Bournmouth game. 

Whether its the system or lack of understanding of the system, but the Derby side look ponderous at times. 

As fans, we tend to look at our own players capabilities with rose tinted glasses, perhaps they are not as good as we think. 

10 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Me too B4. I've only once before really gone to town on the team in all my time posting on here but I thought they were a bloody disgrace tonight. Marshall was solid as he always seems to be and I thought Jozwiak at least tried. The rest just looked like they couldn't be arsed really, with maybe one or two exceptions. We've been poor at times before already this season, but I've not seen a side look that uninterested for a fair old while now. 

It's down to the manager and in truth we do better without Rooney.

Archived