Cocu come let lads attack

B4ev6is

Look cocu play attacking football we have seen lads can play always going on about defence best form of defence is to attack and stop playing around in our half please that's were we keep losing goals and losing games. I could tell you if let the lads turn and run with the ball but also play hit and move football.

So please Cocu you got to play Lawrence and selby upfront on saturday against Barnsley but you need to brave and take a chance.

Formation I got with maybe 352 or a 343 formation but got get playing forward balls and not keep playing it back or side to side we are far far to easy to read at the moment.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Selby Running GIF by Matchroom

20 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Look cocu play attacking football we have seen lads can play always going on about defence best form of defence is to attack and stop playing around in our half please that's were we keep losing goals and losing games. I could tell you if let the lads turn and run with the ball but also play hit and move football.

So please Cocu you got to play Lawrence and selby upfront on saturday against Barnsley but you need to brave and take a chance.

Formation I got with maybe 352 or a 343 formation but got get playing forward balls and not keep playing it back or side to side we are far far to easy to read at the moment.

With Selby im guessing he will be playing in the pockets in the team then as in snooker pockets or do you mean sibley

2 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Shame some of the lads don't have the same passion for the shirt and the club as you B4. I've seen us play worse, but I've seldom seen a Derby side who looked less interested than that lot tonight. Losing faith, if truth be told. 

It really upset me tonight to the point at being angry I was wishing please please someone let me in that changing room I give them one rallying calls to battle. But would give my advice what needs to change.

7 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

The only attack we,ll have watching this repetitive drivel ..is an heart attack ....pass my tablets quick ?

I be taking Spail neve tablets for my neve damage with codeine for my pain relief but pain is really really really bad but not even Derby can  take pain away for a little while.

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

It really upset me tonight to the point at being angry I was wishing please please someone let me in that changing room I give them one rallying calls to battle. But would give my advice what needs to change.

Me too B4. I've only once before really gone to town on the team in all my time posting on here but I thought they were a bloody disgrace tonight. Marshall was solid as he always seems to be and I thought Jozwiak at least tried. The rest just looked like they couldn't be arsed really, with maybe one or two exceptions. We've been poor at times before already this season, but I've not seen a side look that uninterested for a fair old while now. 

10 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I be taking Spail neve tablets for my neve damage with codeine for my pain relief but pain is really really really bad but not even Derby can  take pain away for a little while.

It's so sad @B4ev6is ....  we don't expect Derby to win every match ...yet deep down we,d all like to ....but this deplorable  state Derby are in effects us all in different  ways ...but when it effects our health  it makes us wonder is it all worth it ....chin up mate ?

I don't think Cocu tells his players not to attack. 

I don't think he tells Byrne to run forward without a thought of what he's going to do next. 

I don't think he tells Forsyth to blast balls ten yards beyond a team mate. 

I don't think he tells Waghorn to repeatedly run straight at defenders or tells Lawrence to have a hissy fit because he's not getting the ball. 

We set up as 4-3-3 with Rooney having a more attacking role. 

It should have worked far better but the players let Cocu down. 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I don't think he tells Byrne to run forward without a thought of what he's going to do next. 

I don't think he tells Waghorn to repeatedly run straight at defenders or tells Lawrence to have a hissy fit because he's not getting the ball. 

what happens in training I wonder?  Does he and his extensive entourage not go through specific drills to prepare the team for what is expected under his master plan.  They are playing badly because they don't understand what is expected of them.

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

I was thinking similar. Some of the players just looked so disinterested. We have seen 20 - 25 minutes spells in the previous three games what we are capable of doing. Last night we had an extra attacking player on, but boy were they poor. You could see the frustration on Cocu's face during the game. I feel really sorry for the bloke. With all the stuff he has had to deal with since he has been manager here, now the players just aren't putting the effort in. 

I hate being critical of people, but if the players are reading this, you lot need to give yourselves a proper kick up the a55. You are well paid professionals representing our club. We expect to see you wear your shirt with pride and play to the best of your ability on the pitch. We know you can do it, and you know you have the ability. So get out there and bloody well play!!

From starting to look decent with 3 at the back staring to look like we are getting there to change it all round just to fit Rooney in the team is a fking joke, we really need to get rid of both Rooney and cocu we can't afford to have luxury players as of Lawrence back to his typical self he needs to be consistent, fozzy just isn't good enough anymore barnsley we need to go and attack and just be positive 

I'm an eternal optimist but looking back the big elephant in the room was/is the "meeting" the player and staff had to try to clear the air. That really shouldn't be necessary and is/was in hindsight a big red flag. At the time many of us tried to look for the positives but its now clear to me the players really don't believe and if that's the case we have no hope until there is a change.

Well after some improved performances I'm afraid last night was another huge step back.

A completely abject performance, devoid of any positives.

Even with an array of attacking talent on the pitch we are failing to create enough chances.

There are no partnerships forming in the team and it often looks like it is the first time the team has played together.

With the absence of fans and the manager unable to inspire the team, we just appear to be going through the motions for large parts.

Another performance like that on Saturday will be the final nail in the coffin.

Archived