Frank Lampard: Was he any good for the Club?

i-Ram

I always thought it was a PR excersize, MM I believe can become star struck and hoped to put us right in the limelight, A rookie manager that brought in some quality also some not so, Mount was the piece in the jigsaw that got us going, Him missing 2-3 months out through injury showd this, MM and FL got us £££s through Sky TV, So more games absent from a 3pm Kick Off slot on Sarurdays ?

Tomori, Wilson and Mount I was very very impressed with, Holmes looked the part but since the death of his friend Jordon Sinnott his football looks to have sufford, Josephzoon looked very good at Brentford but alas not for us, Malone i'll pass on tho the goal against WBA was pretty good, He appeared to get the best out of Marriott but there was something not right about there personalities with each other...maybe golf got between them.

Wembley still makes me ?, The length of time sorting his departure to Chelsea was a huge negative for us, This set us back quite a way, Yes I think the culture of "Lads" was during his tenure, The result ending in more "the Derby way" some very good games some not so good...all in all it's what FL left that I can judge him by...it's in the negative, Self serving comes to mind.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Franks season was a strange one. We did well against the decent teams, which is something we struggled with under previous manager, but there were some dreadful performances against the lesser teams that Mac and Rowett would've swept to one side easily.

The Millwall at home game is still etched on my brain, and the Forest away performance under Frank was one of the worst I've seen against them since probably the 5-2, considering the squad us and them had at the time.

I don't believe he lost the final like some do so that he could move to Chelsea, but it felt like we went down with such a wimper after the Leeds game. Will never understand why one of Marriott or Waghorn didn't start. Even if they weren't 100% you still have the other one to bring on if the starter is struggling.

What baffles me is the way we tried to replace Mount, Wilson and Tomori. We knew as soon as the full time whistle went at Wembley that they wouldn't be with us the next season so why weren't we looking at other similar quality loan options. Ok we got Clarke for Tomori and the Keogh incident could never have been foreseen, but replacing Mount with Dowell who was out of the team by October/ November and sent back in January was a disaster. Wilson had contributed to probably 20+ goals that season and we 'replaced' him with Paterson on deadline day who was also out of the team by November and also went back in January. Frank loaned out Conor Gallagher to Charlton then Swansea, and Izzy Brown to Luton. Why weren't we getting these players?

Archived