Dillon Phillips

Kyle guest

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Have i missed something through sleep deprivation .... but who was our first signing ??? Lol 

edit: oooooh the Dutch lad 

forgot about him 

I’ll go back to bed lol 

In your defence it was pre pandemic so seems like a whole other time. I’m surprised he’s not made his debut, done an ACL, returned, done the other ACL and then disappeared into obscurity since we signed him!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Yeah fee or wages shouldn't be an issue. Even with us reducing our wage bill you'd think we'd be able to offer more than what he's on at Charlton. Plus he'd be the number one at a big club.

I'd much rather this than Joe Hart. Who's coming towards the end of his career.

From what I’ve seen of him, I don’t think his peak will be higher than where Hart currently is. However, he’ll almost certainly be better value for money with a greater chance of resale value. On the other hand, someone like Hart adds a bit more experience which may be a bit more important with such a young squad. 

I’d be happy with either. 

On 28/07/2020 at 07:32, Gritty said:

Sorry posted this in the Bonne thread. I'm a season ticket holder at Charlton (my son is a fan and I live down here).

Phillips is superb. I'd sign him like a shot for Derby.  One thing is that although his distribution isn't bad, he's not a ball playing GK. Not sure if that's what Cocu is wanting? As a reliable stopper he is absolutely excellent.  As a season ticket holder, I voted him player of the year for Charlton (which he won).  For a GK in a relegated side to get POTY tells you a lot

Thanks, a very Gritty, informed post.

Archived