Dillon Phillips

Kyle guest

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good keeper - kept them in a lot of games this season.

However it’s typical of Derby fans to remember the one awful mistake he made.

They all make them.....

4 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Good keeper - kept them in a lot of games this season.

However it’s typical of Derby fans to remember the one awful mistake he made.

They all make them.....

I’m sure all fans will remember, it’s what we all do, not just Derby fans.

At last a decent link for a keeper, right age with ability and potential, not much contract left either. I remember he had a good game at pp not much to do at the valley though.

A bit of pressure on the Cardiff keeper for the play off games.

Now this is a Charlton player I’m a bit more interested in. Seems to have got some pretty rave reviews considering he was playing in a relegation side. He would have been busy, that’s for sure! Sounds like he could be the top class goalie that we so desperately need. Sadly, think it’s just more lazy journalism mind - I’m sure we’ll be linked to pretty much every available goalkeeper until we sign one.

Sorry posted this in the Bonne thread. I'm a season ticket holder at Charlton (my son is a fan and I live down here).

Phillips is superb. I'd sign him like a shot for Derby.  One thing is that although his distribution isn't bad, he's not a ball playing GK. Not sure if that's what Cocu is wanting? As a reliable stopper he is absolutely excellent.  As a season ticket holder, I voted him player of the year for Charlton (which he won).  For a GK in a relegated side to get POTY tells you a lot

1 hour ago, Gritty said:

Sorry posted this in the Bonne thread. I'm a season ticket holder at Charlton (my son is a fan and I live down here).

Phillips is superb. I'd sign him like a shot for Derby.  One thing is that although his distribution isn't bad, he's not a ball playing GK. Not sure if that's what Cocu is wanting? As a reliable stopper he is absolutely excellent.  As a season ticket holder, I voted him player of the year for Charlton (which he won).  For a GK in a relegated side to get POTY tells you a lot

Interesting, maybe distribution wise he is more suited to Cardiff as passing sides prefer a ball player, Chelsea and Arsenal spent big on ball players and have now reverted to someone who can actually do the job first. Might be difficult for us to find someone who can do both to the required standard in the current financial situation.

I’d still take him at the right price and let the coaches work on the rest.

Archived