Jack Stamps trophy - official POTS vote now open

rynny

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted for Clarke on here but Martin on the DCFC site.   Both decisions were tight, but as others have said the Jackie Stamps Trophy going to Martin would be a vote of thanks and a sentimental goodbye.  

oh i forgot to add...he fooked up Forest's season.

Waghorn might not be our best player but we'd have a lot less points without him. Adds width, willing runner, presses hard and if he only scores half the chances he manages to get then he's in double figures. 

7 minutes ago, sage said:

The cherry not the cake @David

If we going for banter with Forest fans I’m on board with it, but away from all that you could argue Barnsley were the cherry beating them before the Stoke game.

9 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Waghorn might not be our best player but we'd have a lot less points without him. Adds width, willing runner, presses hard and if he only scores half the chances he manages to get then he's in double figures. 

Hugely under appreciated. Shame his finishing isn’t up there with Martin/Marriott as you would have the perfect forward for this level

1 minute ago, David said:

Hugely under appreciated. Shame his finishing isn’t up there with Martin/Marriott as you would have the perfect forward for this level

If he converted half of his one on ones this season he would have scored another 5-6 goals this season 

Just now, sage said:

If he converted half of his one on ones this season he would have scored another 5-6 goals this season 

And that’s the frustrating thing with him, he would have walked this award with just those 5-6 goals. 

The thing with this award is, we wasn’t great and barely anyone stood out prior to Rooney’s arrival, since then the only real player that’s stood out as a consistent performer whilst on the pitch has been Bird.

Then you run into the he hasn’t really played enough over the full season so we start venturing into fan favourites.

I can understand the sentimental votes for Martin, if that’s what they are, without wanting to turn yet another thread into a Martin one, I just struggle with the idea that he could win the award based on performances. 

As Cocunut said, if he’s leaving and this is a chance for us to thank you for your service I’m fully on board with that.

2 minutes ago, David said:

And that’s the frustrating thing with him, he would have walked this award with just those 5-6 goals. 

The thing with this award is, we wasn’t great and barely anyone stood out prior to Rooney’s arrival, since then the only real player that’s stood out as a consistent performer whilst on the pitch has been Bird.

Then you run into the he hasn’t really played enough over the full season so we start venturing into fan favourites.

I can understand the sentimental votes for Martin, if that’s what they are, without wanting to turn yet another thread into a Martin one, I just struggle with the idea that he could win the award based on performances. 

As Cocunut said, if he’s leaving and this is a chance for us to thank you for your service I’m fully on board with that.

If theres no stand out, perhaps do what we did during 07/08 when it was awarded to the fans.  Offer it to the council in recognition of those who have kept the city moving over the last few months and they can display it for the future. Not just the frontline staff in the hospital, but the refuse collectors, postal workers, shop staff etc .  My wife has been working in the hospital during all this and feels they perhaps haven't had enough of a mention . Would be a nice gesture.

Already voted for Clarke in both polls. Somewhat off topic, but to share a thought that just came into my head: Wouldn’t it be great if Sibley, Bird, Bogle, Lowe, Knight, Whittaker and Buchanan were all in the running for the 2021 POTY after a great 20/21 season. The realisation of Mel’s dream.  Bring it on.

8 minutes ago, David said:

Well vote for him on that

a) Thank You

b) Derailing Forest's season

c) Having the best goal/Assist per minute rate in the league

Even if you don't rate him, there are still 3 good reasons. 

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If theres no stand out, perhaps do what we did during 07/08 when it was awarded to the fans.  Offer it to the council in recognition of those who have kept the city moving over the last few months and they can display it for the future. Not just the frontline staff in the hospital, but the refuse collectors, postal workers, shop staff etc .  My wife has been working in the hospital during all this and feels they perhaps haven't had enough of a mention . Would be a nice gesture.

I like that idea a lot, possibly too late to gain any traction though sadly.

Archived