Derby v Reading Player Ratings

sage

A lot of talk about pace on here but the last three games we’ve played, we’ve had teams pegged back for most of it and haven’t needed pace when knockIng it around the edge of their box

love the way we play atm

perhaps pace will be more pertinent when we have less territory/possession against better teams ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Srg said:

Think you’ve misunderstood. No hope of mounting any decent attacks or creating chances - not winning the game. 

Ok sorry, it was a good job the lad who kept running past Forsyth for fun. Couldn’t  cross a ball to save his life though or we would have been in big trouble 

My ratings

Hamer 5

Bogle 6.5

Forsyth 5

Clarke 7

Wisdom 7

Rooney 7

Bird 8

Waghorn 6

Lawrence 6

Sibley 6

Martin 5

We played some nice passing stuff in the first half and the goals before half time should have settled us. 

One moment of madness encouraged Reading and they put us under pressure. 

It was hard to watch from there on in. 

Three hard-earned points and Lawrence is a buffoon. 

We will need to be 20% better against Preston but we can do just that. 

2 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

My ratings

Hamer 5

Bogle 6.5

Forsyth 5

Clarke 7

Wisdom 7

Rooney 7

Bird 8

Waghorn 6

Lawrence 6

Sibley 6

Martin 5

We played some nice passing stuff in the first half and the goals before half time should have settled us. 

One moment of madness encouraged Reading and they put us under pressure. 

It was hard to watch from there on in. 

Three hard-earned points and Lawrence is a buffoon. 

We will need to be 20% better against Preston but we can do just that. 

My mate is a Preston fan and he said they’ve been absolutely dross in the last few games and reckons we’ll stuff them with ease 

we do always seem to beat Preston but I remember they were really good when we played them at Deepdale last season so who knows 

20 hours ago, RamNut said:

Hamer - 5 Just blew his chance of a move?

Bogle - 6 turned and played backwards too often.

Forsyth - 6 Did ok

Clarke - 7  Played well

Wisdom 8 MoM . A rock. 

Bird - 6 

Rooney 6 - credit for the penalty but his legs went

Waghorn - 5 

Sibley 6 - his least effective game

Lawrence - 5 good goal. Not much besides. 

Martin - 5 pedestrian.

agree with re wisdom, he is playing well and had the intelligence to step out and make things happen when Rooney and Bird were being man marked. He is also a leader. I think that he might have saved a few million looking for a central defender.

Really glad he is doing well 

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

agree with re wisdom, he is playing well and had the intelligence to step out and make things happen when Rooney and Bird were being man marked. He is also a leader. I think that he might have saved a few million looking for a central defender.

Really glad he is doing well 

With Twierk coming in the only thing we need in defence (apart from a confidence inspiring keeper) is to somehow keep Matty Clarke. 
and ....going off topic add a genuinely fit Jack Marriott - without the groin issue that I suspect has been there since he arrived. 

Then the academy yielding some more talent for Rooney and Cocu to nurture in to first team players

Bobs your uncle fanny’s your aunt. A promotion wining side 

Archived