Derby County Memories

Inverurie Ram

22 minutes ago, Ram-Alf said:

Me and a friend queued up all night for Chelsea tickets we were 12 years old...from around midnight until the ticket office opened at 10am, It was freezing cold but people were great, 2 freezing kids so we got hot tea 👍one old fella told me a poem that sticks with me to this day.

You do remind me of a man I know

What man

A man of power

What power

Voodoo power

Voodoo

You do

You do what

Rinse and repeat 😂

We also queued most of the night, which in those days was exciting in itself, teenage girls out most of the night🤣😂

On 30/09/2024 at 08:17, Kathcairns said:

1968, Derby v Chelsea cup match. My first match, fog swirling round from Lees cast iron foundry, packed Baseball ground,but what a game for a first time fan. Hooked from that moment on. Loved those night matches at the Baseball ground.

My favourite Rams match of all time.  The ground was rocking that night

On 01/10/2024 at 17:55, oldtimeram said:

My favourite Rams match of all time.  The ground was rocking that night

My grandparents lived n Harrington Street just up the road from the BBG and after visiting them that night dad drove us past the ground while the match was on, and the floodlights brightening up Shaftesbury Street and the noise was magical!

On 30/09/2024 at 12:15, Ram-Alf said:

Me and a friend queued up all night for Chelsea tickets we were 12 years old...from around midnight until the ticket office opened at 10am, It was freezing cold but people were great, 2 freezing kids so we got hot tea 👍one old fella told me a poem that sticks with me to this day.

What man

A man of power

What power

Voodoo power

Voodoo

You do

You do what

Rinse and repeat 😂

On 30/09/2024 at 08:17, Kathcairns said:

1968, Derby v Chelsea cup match. My first match, fog swirling round from Lees cast iron foundry, packed Baseball ground,but what a game for a first time fan. Hooked from that moment on. Loved those night matches at the Baseball ground.

The ball from that famous night, it was given to Jim Walker by his captain Dave McKay for a man of the match performance!

a real piece of our history! The night the Clough and Taylor journey really began !

IMG_1513.jpeg