Coronavirus

1of4

25 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

You should stop posting misinformation. It’s very unhelpful especially to those who are struggling to understand Covid. 

COVID IS NOT THE FLU

Sorry what misinformation ? I posted the stats from other Countries in the WORLD, it’s the league table that shows you were you have to quarantine on your return to the UK, I use it for my business travel and find it very helpful. Please tell me what is misinformed about it?  

• Replies 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

GreI think it would be an outrage to close gyms, goes completely against the health message Boris has been pushing. Gyms must shut, but McDonald's must stay open!

The below slide shows exposure settings outside of work and education (where the vast majority are).

20201011_181532.jpg

Totally agree with you, however you never know with our current leadership and the advisors they are listening too

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Sorry what misinformation ? I posted the stats from Countries in the EU, it’s the league table that shows you were you have to quarantine on your return to the UK, I use it for my business travel and find it very helpful. Please tell me what is misinformed about it?  

I must point out that the US, UAE and Canada aren’t in Europe.

3 hours ago, Archied said:

Sadly I’m the eternal optimist living in hope that as a species we improve ,, we have the capacity but ,,,,,,,,,

I'll try to work on it. 

Not too hard though - don't want the moderators to be out of a job.

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Sorry what misinformation ? I posted the stats from Countries in the EU, it’s the league table that shows you were you have to quarantine on your return to the UK, I use it for my business travel and find it very helpful. Please tell me what is misinformed about it?  

The suggestion that Covid could be the flu due to lower current death rates? 

Covid is Covid, it’s not the flu, never was the flu, never will be the flu. 

A lower death rate would never ever in a million years suggest it could be the flu, it’s quite simply impossible. 

Just now, jimmyp said:

The suggestion that Covid could be the flu due to lower current death rates? 

Covid is Covid, it’s not the flu, never was the flu, never will be the flu. 

A lower death rate would never ever in a million years suggest it could be the flu, it’s quite simply impossible. 

So from all that data you pick out one comment? 

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Probably Dominic Cummings fault.

The fact that people continue to express, with their deeds and actions, that they think that restrictions don't really apply to them is his fault - or rather, the fault of the government for not slapping him. 

Then again, hindsight is 20:20 (unlike Dominic's eyesight).

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The fact that people continue to express, with their deeds and actions, that they think that restrictions don't really apply to them is his fault - or rather, the fault of the government for not slapping him. 

Then again, hindsight is 20:20 (unlike Dominic's eyesight).

Even though he isnt a MP and wasnt the first person from the political world to breach the lockdown rules?

48 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Which is completely obvious to anyone with common sense, no one is going to give up 2 weeks pay if they don't have to. Let alone people who literally cannot afford to miss out

And that's the problem. It's also the solution.

People required to self-isolate should be paid to do so. If that's their entire salary for those 2 weeks, so be it.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasnt even a comment, the question mark at the end of it makes that quite clear to me.

So g star ram is Covid the flu? 

Is it a question when the answer is in fact unquestionable due to scientific and medical fact?

15 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

So g star ram is Covid the flu? 

Is it a question when the answer is in fact unquestionable due to scientific and medical fact?

I have no idea what it is.

Was sent something today which says that Public Health England are going to be reporting Covid and Flu together for some stats...bit strange.

18 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have no idea what it is.

Was sent something today which says that Public Health England are going to be reporting Covid and Flu together for some stats...bit strange.

Well here you go. 

Some easy reading that will benefit you greatly.

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2020-03-12-virus-literacy-for-beginners-influenza-and-covid-19/

6 minutes ago, jimmyp said:

Only people that don’t understand the numbers can be manipulated. 

So are you an expert on this matter?

And that is a serious question.

You ignored my point about Covid/Flu stats being reported together by Public Health England.

Are you aware if this is true or not?

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So are you an expert on this matter?

And that is a serious question.

You ignored my point about Covid/Flu stats being reported together by Public Health England.

Are you aware if this is true or not?

Modelling and planning is similar for both types of pandemic.

They are two very different things though.

Maybe they are trying to make it crystal clear to people why they are not the same.

They will point out how much more deadly Covid is for a start. 

Nobody has the all the answers and can claim to be an expert, they would simply be a fool. 

Archived