Lack of a leader

Mafiabob

5 minutes ago, David said:

Can’t agree we lack a leader. 

Looking at our season so far I’ve come to the conclusion we are simply not scoring enough goals and conceding too many. 

If we started to score more than the opposition in games we will start picking up more points.

lol... Very insightful!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many games and hence points are won when teams have the ability to score out of nothing. We seem to have no serious goal threat hardly at all. Without stating the obvious we have not replaced Mount & Wilsons 30 goals. Oh and the pairing of Keogh & Tomori wasn't bad at the back either.

If we are trying to recruit from within the academy it is going to be difficult to compete at the top. Knight & co are good youngsters but they (as yet) are not elite and that's what we need to challenge. 

43 minutes ago, David said:

Can’t agree we lack a leader. 

Looking at our season so far I’ve come to the conclusion we are simply not scoring enough goals and conceding too many. 

If we started to score more than the opposition we will start picking up more points.

I'd say we lack a leader when it comes to set pieces. Whether that's on the pitch or off it. Needs sorting asap. 

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

He was shocking mate, we had one free kick all first half I think. Don’t take my word for it, ask Wazza if you see him at Pride Park  next time.  He’s well more qualified than me to give you a considered opinion. 
You started the thread mate, no need to get reeled in?

He wasn’t shocking. He pretty much got every free kick awarded right

3 hours ago, CornwallRam said:

The problem is that our all centrebacks are very slow. That means we have to play a deep back line. The problem is that puts us 20 yards further away from the opposition goal. We attack so slowly that we'd barely have time for one attack per half if played with a deep back line. 

FTFY.

Not Curt only, unfortunately we had to witness fine example of it yesteday, just before Bogle's OG.

Archived