Who have been the Rams best players so far?

Stuniverse

On 12/01/2020 at 08:12, Stuniverse said:

As the Title says: who do you think have been Derby County’s best players so far this season?

I don't think any of them have been as poor as our league position suggests to be fair - We've been decimated by injuries all season - Every time it looks to be clicking a couple of players get injured - They're all learning a new system, we lost a lot of good talent over the summer and we're bedding in new/young players

Lowe, Davies, Holmes and (obvs) Rooney so far for me - With an honourable mention for Bird and Knight for the last few games - Both taken a massive step forwards

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lowe so far. 
Big Curtis has done exactly what we’d expect. Leader and been solid defensively. He isn’t a ball playing defender but his reading of the game and bravery make up for that. 
Id also give a shout to Shinnie in games where literally no one seemed to show up he put in a heck of a shift. 

By the end of the season I reckon this will look very different. I’m feeling very positive. 
The kids running the mid with Rooney pulling the strings. Going to be exciting I think. 

5 hours ago, glyn1957 said:

In my opinion most of the players have tried their best for us, although the chanting has died down about keogh from opposing fans i dont think we will really be rid of the stain on our great club until the others involved have been moved on.

Phrases like "stain on our great club" really tickle me.

I’ve done a quick count of mentions and the outcome is:

Mentions - Player

13 - Jason Knight

12 - Max Lowe

9 - Curtis Davies

5 - Graeme Shinnie, Wayne Rooney

4 - Duane Holmes, Max Bird

3 - Andre Wisdom

1 - Craig Forsyth, Krystian Bielik, Louie Sibley

Archived