Who have been the Rams best players so far?

Stuniverse

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Do you mean "least worst"?

Lowe, Shinnie and Knight with a honourable mention to Davies for his role as captain during the "aftermath". A reliable defender, just wish he didn't give the ball away quite so often.

Spot on. I like Davies but, if his name Keogh, he'd be slaughtered by some on this forum for some of his mistakes which distracts from the good work he does on (and off by all accounts) the pitch.

Top 3 for me, when they’ve been fit, have been Shinnie, Davies and Clarke. Obviously there are others in there just missing out, and there’ll be those who will be up there if they keep up their current form until the end of the season as well. But right now, for consistently good performances, those are the 3 for me. 

2 hours ago, Dimmu said:

Really? Forsyth among best players this season?

Guy has single-handedly cost us a goal about every match he has played.

Each to their own opinions but he has again come back from a serious injury and has been asked to play in a position that he hadn’t basically played in his whole career with the weakest midfield in front of him that we have seen recently, sure he has made some mistakes but he also played there in our best game of the season probably - Preston at home and away at premiership Crystal Palace where we kept clean sheets, games where we actually had midfielders in front of him. 

23 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Do you mean "least worst"?

Lowe, Shinnie and Knight with a honourable mention to Davies for his role as captain during the "aftermath". A reliable defender, just wish he didn't give the ball away quite so often.

This for me.  The past 3 games has papered over the fact that Holmes hasn't been very good the previous 4 1/2 months.  

Max Lowe is a stand out for me, looked a completely different player to the one we had for 4 or so games last season.  He's come on leaps & bounds, even when playing out of position.

Shinnie has done well whenever he has played.  We dropped off massively between when he was injured and when the kids have come in and stepped up.

Captain Curtis has also been in fine form since The Incident, and helped galvanise the squad as a whole.

14 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

The past 3 games has papered over the fact that Holmes hasn't been very good the previous 4 1/2 months.  

Could label that at the whole team though. Holmes, if I remember correctly, was injured in pre-season and had missed time too.

1 hour ago, Srg said:

Could label that at the whole team though. Holmes, if I remember correctly, was injured in pre-season and had missed time too.

Certainly nor berating him and being one of the worst offenders, but he has been ineffective in a lot of his performances.  Hopefully, he keeps up this form, because when he's 100% on it, he's one of our most dangerous players...

Archived