The Politics Thread 2020

1 minute ago, 1967Ram said:

It could be politically motivated but it also could be that he's pointing out what is very obvious to most people - the target was not going to be reached as it was being measured so it was decided to change the way of measuring. Whether you are left, right or centre this should be clear IMO.

So should all of the tests sent out in the post have been ignored then?

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Archied said:

So watching the back and forth debate above it’s clear nobody can give the number of tests carried out including the government which it seems to me is the achieved aim

We know that it was a minimum of 82,000 and a maximum of 122,000.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

So should all of the tests sent out in the post have been ignored then?

Nope just not counted till they have been taken ,, do we count number of tests that have been delivered to testing centres rather than tests carried out at those test centres?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I didnt indicate I know the exact number, I indicated that I believe the reported numbers to be inflated then stated where I got the information from.

"the amount of tests that were announced was an inflated number"

That's quite a definitive statement.

Anyway, think we have established that nobody knows the correct number so it is disingenuous to say it is either lower or higher than the target.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Anyway, think we have established that nobody knows the correct number so it is disingenuous to say it is either lower or higher than the target.

lol. Bloody hell. None so blind.....

4 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

WHO knows.

World Health Organization GIF

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

We know that the tests were between 80 k and 122 k is also quite a definitive statement from yourself but the government anouced a definitive 122 k ? 
goverment ministers are doing everything within their powers to mislead , baffle and inflate , surely that’s agreed here?

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So are the government being disingenuous?

7 minutes ago, RamNut said:

lol. Bloody hell. None so blind.....

Not had your daily update on tests for a couple of days, are you ok?

1 minute ago, Archied said:

So are the government being disingenuous?

If they were being disingenuous they would have just said 122k and not given the breakdown. Havent they been transparent by giving the 82k and 40k breakdown?

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Actually I’ve never given daily updates on testing, but never mind.

24 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

If they were being disingenuous they would have just said 122k and not given the breakdown. Havent they been transparent by giving the 82k and 40k breakdown?

Transparent or pulled the net curtains ?

not much point arguing G , you obviously trust the people in charge ,their integrity and motivation, sadly I only see in the main self serving slippery customers you can’t trust to do the basics of being straight 

Just now, Archied said:

Transparent or pulled the net curtains ?

not much point arguing G , you obviously trust the people in charge ,their integrity and motivation, sadly I only see in the main self serving slippery customers you can’t trust to do the basics of being straight 

I dont trust politicians, never have done and never will do unless there is a massive change in politics.

32 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Do you believe they would have just given the 122k if they could be confident of not being outed ? I do

2 minutes ago, Archied said:

Do you believe they would have just given the 122k if they could be confident of not being outed ? I do

No idea to be honest. Have no idea what scrutiny they are under when releasing figures.

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No idea to be honest. Have no idea what scrutiny they are under when releasing figures.

This is my point , we have become so entrenched in our political camps that we most of the time get defensive and don’t hold ALL to proper scrutiny, 

no matter what side of the political fence we sit we need our ministers to be held to account to be honest straight and up to the job

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

This is my point , we have become so entrenched in our political camps that we most of the time get defensive and don’t hold ALL to proper scrutiny, 

no matter what side of the political fence we sit we need our ministers to be held to account to be honest straight and up to the job

Honest and straight Politics died when Caligula was topped.

Archived