Pointless Worthless Change

Inverurie Ram

Is it just me that is clearly getting to old for this world and constantly fed up with folk (or God, or some spanner that likes to throw a spanner in the works) that change stuff for no reason whatsoever but to confuse, add no value, but to waste a load of money, time and cause unwanted frustration.

I just flicked the Australia v New Zealand cricket match on to see the score being 1-10, I instantly thought only 1 run for 10 wickets! They probably changed this a while ago, and I haven't noticed? It worked perfectly well when it was 10-1 stating ten runs for 1 wicket.

I now struggle to read a football betting coupon or read a league table as some spanner has flipped them around, again it probably changed a while ago, but it worked perfectly well, when it worked from left to right. WWWDL indicated the team had won 3 games, then drawn a game, followed by a loss in that order, not anymore, the team, has now won the last 3 games, after a draw and a defeat!

I used to in the good old days, be able to walk into a public toilet, use the toilet and pull the flush, these days you have to break dance in front of some magical flush once you have found it, that you don't need to touch for hygienic reasons, and bravo the toilet flushes, then you have the joyful experience of looking at a washing hand system that can have numerous types of water funnels, and again you have the pleasurable experience of first trying to decipher some soap out of some contraption, before waving your hands and spraying everything in sight with your germs trying to locate the thing that sets the water off, whether you get freezing cold or boiling hot, that's just the gamble you take, but it worked perfectly well when you could flush a toilet and wash your hands under the choice of two taps, a hot one and a cold one. Oh and then you get to shove your hands in between two wallls of plastic a Dyson hand dryer!

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.......and it's now Boxing Day.......just a matter of time before some spanner changes it to Zumba Day.

And who makes up the rules for life, who are these spanners?.......please go away!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I'm off to bed.......and don't get me started when the BBC spent millions of pounds on changing the font of the BBC......it was perfectly fine, we could all read it, it was the BBC and it still is the BBC.......millions of pounds?........and we have millions of folks on the streets living in cardboard boxes freezing their life's away for Christmas in Britain again for 2019 and beyond!

Enjoy your warm beds and let's face it if Wigan have more fight than Derby for the 3 points today, it's only football after all!

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Oh I'm off to bed.......and don't get me started when the BBC spent millions of pounds on changing the font of the BBC......it was perfectly fine, we could all read it, it was the BBC and it still is the BBC.......millions of pounds?........and we have millions of folks on the streets living in cardboard boxes freezing their life's away for Christmas in Britain again for 2019 and beyond!

Enjoy your warm beds and let's face it if Wigan have more fight than Derby for the 3 points today, it's only football after all!

IF only there was a thread somewhere over 300 pages long where people wrote about little things that annnoy them... 

Anyway I am off the Jim Smith lounge to write in a suitable thread about people who start threads unnecessarily. 

7 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Those millions were probably spent on consultants, meetings, expenses etc.

8 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Is it just me that is clearly getting to old for this world and constantly fed up with folk (or God, or some spanner that likes to throw a spanner in the works) that change stuff for no reason whatsoever but to confuse, add no value, but to waste a load of money, time and cause unwanted frustration.

I just flicked the Australia v New Zealand cricket match on to see the score being 1-10, I instantly thought only 1 run for 10 wickets! They probably changed this a while ago, and I haven't noticed? It worked perfectly well when it was 10-1 stating ten runs for 1 wicket.

I now struggle to read a football betting coupon or read a league table as some spanner has flipped them around, again it probably changed a while ago, but it worked perfectly well, when it worked from left to right. WWWDL indicated the team had won 3 games, then drawn a game, followed by a loss in that order, not anymore, the team, has now won the last 3 games, after a draw and a defeat!

I used to in the good old days, be able to walk into a public toilet, use the toilet and pull the flush, these days you have to break dance in front of some magical flush once you have found it, that you don't need to touch for hygienic reasons, and bravo the toilet flushes, then you have the joyful experience of looking at a washing hand system that can have numerous types of water funnels, and again you have the pleasurable experience of first trying to decipher some soap out of some contraption, before waving your hands and spraying everything in sight with your germs trying to locate the thing that sets the water off, whether you get freezing cold or boiling hot, that's just the gamble you take, but it worked perfectly well when you could flush a toilet and wash your hands under the choice of two taps, a hot one and a cold one. Oh and then you get to shove your hands in between two wallls of plastic a Dyson hand dryer!

The lunatics have taken over the asylum.......and it's now Boxing Day.......just a matter of time before some spanner changes it to Zumba Day.

And who makes up the rules for life, who are these spanners?.......please go away!

Sounds like your tv feed is coming from here. We have always had our wickets before the runs. It’s always confusing when I watch the ashes from over there when it’s the other way around.

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

IF only there was a thread somewhere over 300 pages long where people wrote about little things that annnoy them... 

Anyway I am off the Jim Smith lounge to write in a suitable thread about people who start threads unnecessarily. 

Happy Zumba Day! Maybe you could start another Merry Christmas thread in the Derby County threads or in a few of the other sections, nice and early for next year! 

10 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Brexit in a nutshell?

On 26/12/2019 at 00:26, Inverurie Ram said:

It's just you!

Like many others, I fell asleep before getting to the end of your epistle.

Can anyone let me know if it's worth reading or can I find a better use of 15 minutes of my life?

Goodnight all!

Archived