Dream or nightmare???

hintonsboots

3 hours ago, bimmerman said:

To be fair. Cocu got dealt a bad hand. Has lost pretty much the spine of the team and had no real time to replace it. He's not at fault in my eyes

I think it’s 50/50

the squad is full of holes, and booze-gate gave him huge problems. But I also think he has lost credibility with the players with all his tinkering. He isn’t a motivator so he has to be brilliant tactically. He looks uncomfortable right now. 

No-one said it would be easy Phillip.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I agree whilst also acknowledging he has made some mistakes and at times baffling decisions but he needs to be given time to assemble the strongest side he can. We can't keep using sticking plasters to heal something that is quite clearly broken. At some point  we are gonna have to feel the pain of a proper healing process. 

Completely agree. Cocu didn't have a full pre-season or have much opportunity to sign anyone that could suit how he's trying to play. And so is left with half the side Lampard had (which still only just finished 6th) in league he knew very little about. I just think sometimes we have very short sighted fans, which isn't exclusive to Derby. If this time next year there's no improvement we should discuss replacements. 

27 minutes ago, ram2508 said:

Could it be the players aren't happy with keoghs treatment and are protesting by under performing. I'm basing this on nothing and is just an idea.

No I don't think so. Actually our squad is very average without Mount, Wilson and Tomori. 

When you think that we had two lads playing for us last season who are set to be regulars for England and a manager who was Captain of England and is now in one of the most lucrative management posts in the country. To say nowt of a former England goalie. They were unable to gain promotion and five teams in this division finished above them in May.

We have since lost our captain in mysterious circumstances and two of the players who are still here have serious offences to answer.

I think the whole set up is a nightmare.

You couldn't dream it up as a fictional plot...... Unless your name were Mary Westmacott AKA Mrs A Christie!

1 hour ago, Brummie Steve said:

When you think that we had two lads playing for us last season who are set to be regulars for England and a manager who was Captain of England and is now in one of the most lucrative management posts in the country. To say nowt of a former England goalie. They were unable to gain promotion and five teams in this division finished above them in May.

We have since lost our captain in mysterious circumstances and two of the players who are still here have serious offences to answer.

I think the whole set up is a nightmare.

You couldn't dream it up as a fictional plot...... Unless your name were Mary Westmacott AKA Mrs A Christie!

you missed out Wilson

On 15/12/2019 at 21:16, RamNut said:

I think it’s 50/50

the squad is full of holes, and booze-gate gave him huge problems. But I also think he has lost credibility with the players with all his tinkering. He isn’t a motivator so he has to be brilliant tactically. He looks uncomfortable right now. 

No-one said it would be easy Phillip.

I would argue tinkering has been needed due to injuries and the lack of any side looking that strong this season. My main issue was the tinkering in the cup butI have a problem with ay manager that fields weakened sides.

Archived