Dream or nightmare???

hintonsboots

I fell asleep while listening to the game this afternoon, as did most of Pride Park probably. Had a weird dream though where Wayne Rooney was player Manager with Mac as his assistant, a bit of an Old Trafford reunion you might say.

Really want Cocu to succeed, but the football is dire, ultra slow and over defensive. Can the January window improve things ? 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I fell asleep while listening to the game this afternoon, as did most of Pride Park probably. Had a weird dream though where Wayne Rooney was player Manager with Mac as his assistant, a bit of an Old Trafford reunion you might say.

Really want Cocu to succeed, but the football is dire, ultra slow and over defensive. Can the January window improve things ? 

Not sure Rooney and McClaren were at Old Trafford at the same time as Manchester United employees. 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Not sure Rooney and McClaren were at Old Trafford at the same time as Manchester United employees. 

Correct I think Mac left a few years before Wazza signed. Just thinking about the style of football they would play. It is an entertainment business ultimately.

Rooney as a manager at this point would be a nightmare. He may well make a top manager, but he’s a few years off being ready for that yet. Would be delighted if Mac fancied a coaching role mind! 

For me, the January transfer window can, and should (if our recruitment isn’t totally bank as per), improve the team with a couple of quality signings. However, all that’s a mute point if they’re still being managed by a crap defensive manager. Nothing will improve.

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Rooney as a manager at this point would be a nightmare. He may well make a top manager, but he’s a few years off being ready for that yet. Would be delighted if Mac fancied a coaching role mind! 

Just give it to wassall until the end of the season

16 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Need so much in January. Need pace, creativity and better defence. 
Imagine a championship team losing Carson, Keogh, Tomori, Mount, Wilson. Haven’t adequately replaced any of them.

21 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Not at this point in the season. If we sack Cocu now, we want to get the next proper manager in ASAP so we can recruit around him in January.

I'm up for cocu staying, we'll see where we are once he's made signings and Rooney has come into the side. But if we don't see any signs of improvement after January and we're still losing a lot of games, he's got to go. We cannot drop into the bottom 3

12 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Such as who??????

Plenty of prem managers lost their jobs that might do a decent job in the championship. Marco Silva, Sanchez Flores, Javi Gracia etc etc... Obviously we’d need to make sure whoever we appoint plays the right style of football, which we failed to do with Cocu. I’ve not seen enough of many managers to name which managers do play the right attacking football. But that ain’t my job. There’s plenty of names out there, someone will be suitable.

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I'm up for cocu staying, we'll see where we are once he's made signings and Rooney has come into the side. But if we don't see any signs of improvement after January and we're still losing a lot of games, he's got to go. We cannot drop into the bottom 3

But if he’s not the right man for the job, what’s the point in giving him the transfer window? All we’re gonna do is start buying players to suit his defensive style, and when we decide that isn’t the style we want, we’ll have a squad even further away from what it needs to be than we have now, with even more money down the drain. That’s not to mention we only look to he heading one way with these performances, and that’s down. Giving Cocu more time could be disastrous for us, he needs to go for me before he has time to wreck the squad any further.

41 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

To be fair. Cocu got dealt a bad hand. Has lost pretty much the spine of the team and had no real time to replace it. He's not at fault in my eyes

I agree whilst also acknowledging he has made some mistakes and at times baffling decisions but he needs to be given time to assemble the strongest side he can. We can't keep using sticking plasters to heal something that is quite clearly broken. At some point  we are gonna have to feel the pain of a proper healing process. 

Archived