Pelaton

Sith Happens

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

'Real people' aren't going to fork out 2 grand for their product (and 40 quid a month for 'courses), so it doesn't matter that they are not complaining. 

It is quite possible that Pelaton has completely misjudged the attitudes of their target market, so they would at least need to consider pulling the advert. 

It's simple economics.

I've considered pulling the advert, but there's bound to be something better on Channel 4 later.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the subject of Dr Who, the vast bulk of the outrage was over the show having a female lead, likewise Mad Max Fury Road, likewise suggestions that the new Bond could be a woman.

In the same way as there are raving feminists who take offence at everything (even having a door held open for them), there are also plenty of whiny inadequates who moan about any form of female empowerment. 

Having given this some thought and reviewing the advert i do think the husband involved is a bit dim.

Seriously expecting his wife to do all that exercise wearing those horrid sweaty leggings, least he could have done is got her some cool little shorts to wear.

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Can they be ignored?  Peloton stock took a 9% hit today. 

That sounds worse than it is in the scheme of things - I think they'll be OK...
When you look at the stock price - it's no stranger to sudden drops. 

screen-shot-2019-12-04-at-83020-am.png

3 hours ago, maxjam said:

Its not so much pushing my buttons as I just wish people would show some backbone and stand up to it

I guarantee that there are just as many people like you, expressing this same anguished sentiment online as there are people complaining about it in the first place. Yin and Yang

16 hours ago, Boycie said:

The Deliveroo advert has been banned as well. Some millennials companied that the different takeaways don’t all get delivered together.

Nor seemly can you actually dive head first into the bag to reach the very bottom.

Sad times.

Thank duck, that was super annoying.

Archived