Diamonds are forever, or at least right now??

ramsbottom

This thread again raises the questions, who in the club, why on earth, who is responsible for allowing our squad to become so poor? I want answers and I want them now God damn it ?

Tom Ince, Vydra, Hendrick, all players who split opinion, all players sold for big money, all players who would walk into this team and play week in week out...where are their replacements?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

This thread again raises the questions, who in the club, why on earth, who is responsible for allowing our squad to become so poor? I want answers and I want them now God damn it ?

Tom Ince, Vydra, Hendrick, all players who split opinion, all players sold for big money, all players who would walk into this team and play week in week out...where are their replacements?

was it something like this;

Hendrick paid for Vyds

Ince paid for TL

Vyds paid for Waggy and the balance offset the losses on BJ and Butterfield?

we have squandered so much money it is criminal

36 minutes ago, Spanish said:

was it something like this;

Hendrick paid for Vyds

Ince paid for TL

Vyds paid for Waggy and the balance offset the losses on BJ and Butterfield?

we have squandered so much money it is criminal

As much as I like Mel, his Great 2015/2016 Spunkathon has crippled us pretty much ever since...

When everyone is fit I'd like to see us play 3 at the back and think it's time for Huddlestone to drop back and offer some calmness along side Keogh and Clarke. Or could go Davies or Wisdom if we want a more robust approach. Clarke has looked nervy and Keogh bless him can be known to have a wobble.

For me Waghorn isn't a winger and neither are several others in our squad so the young Bogle and Lowe as wing backs offering the width and energy is something im looking forwards to seeing over the coming season and not forgetting Buchanan, Malone, and even Anya can be used in a similar way.

Bielik will hopefully settle and become a fine and dominant force at the spine of our midfield. Holmes and Lawrence being the ones to make things happen further ahead, with the knowledge that Paterson, Dowell, Knight and eventually Rooney come January are on their heels for a starting shirt if they don't perform.

Please can we play a front 2 from a pool of 4 strikers- Marriott, Martin, Waghorn, Bennett.

Onwards and upwards after a tricky start. But hopefully won't see Waghorn and Jozefzoon as our wide players much longer.

Roos

Keogh     Huddlestone   Clarke 

Bogle                   Bielik                      Lowe

Holmes            Lawrence 

Marriott   Martin (or Waghorn)

Cocu knows a hell of a lot more than me, but looking at the squad on the outside, this could be something we're forced in to trying.

If we're making an example out of Lawrence and Bennett, they'll be left out for a while. How long exactly, nobody can really say. But it leaves us with wide options of Paterson and Zoon, or play Waghorn out wide like he has been.

We still have a good number of central players, so of our currently available players surely a diamond is best fit?

Four of Huddlestone, Bielik, Holmes, Dowell, Shinnie, Knight or Sibley could still do a good job.

Archived