I bet the New Years Day match is moved...

admira

Really hope not as 2nd is a working day but I quote “As things stand he won't be eligible for Derby's game at home to Barnsley on New Year's Day because that is the first day he can register as a player with the EFL. However, if that game is selected by Sky Sports to be a live game on January 2, or later, he could then make his debut. Otherwise his first availability will be the FA Cup third-round tie on the weekend of January 4/5.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11778998/wayne-rooney-his-shock-move-to-Derby-explained

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, admira said:

Really hope not as 2nd is a working day but I quote “As things stand he won't be eligible for Derby's game at home to Barnsley on New Year's Day because that is the first day he can register as a player with the EFL. However, if that game is selected by Sky Sports to be a live game on January 2, or later, he could then make his debut. Otherwise his first availability will be the FA Cup third-round tie on the weekend of January 4/5.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11696/11778998/wayne-rooney-his-shock-move-to-Derby-explained

Possibly, however there is no guarantee he would play... it will all depend on our form at the time, if we are sitting pretty on a run of 5 wins in a row he won’t play, much more likely we will see him in the FA cup I would guess. However if we are badly out of form he’ll come straight in.   

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

daft question, but will he be training with us before hand so he's fit, oiled, par-boiled and ready to bung in the oven on 2nd Jan?

Because he would have already played half a season in the USA, I think November and December will be his 'close season' so doubt he will start training with us until mid December.

Think I can make it anyway luckily, so won’t affect me. Undoubtedly will be moved Mind. 

Interesting in that article it says there was no transfer fee involved for Rooney, we all thought that might be the case but that’s the first place I’ve seen it in writing. Nice of DC to let us have him for free? Better hope Rooney gets those coaching badges done on time as planned if he’s gonna start coaching in January as well!

Archived