Player ratings v Huddersfield

Mazzaram

What a night! New to this, so here goes...

Roos: 7  Did nothing wrong. One good save second half. 

Bogle: 6  Really menacing on the counter attack. Caught out defensively once or twice. Still can't believe he is so young.

Keogh: 7  Trademark solid performance. Looked comfortable alongside Mark Wright version 2. Extra half mark for starting the bounce at the final whistle!

Wright (alias Clark): 8  Oozes class. Took a couple of minutes to settle, but then outstanding. Will be immense for us.

Bambi: 6  Rather like Bogle; menacing going forward, occasionally caught out defensively. Symtomatic of the way full backs play these days I guess!

Evans: 7  Back to midfield and his best performance in that position for the Rams. 

Huddlestone: 6  Satisfactory whilst keeping seat warm for Bielik.

Dowell: 6  Shows promise. Links play well and has a nice turn on him (except in our own box!).

Zoon:  5  For me, he is the lightweight of the team. Opinion is divided, but I'd rather have our Mason.

Waggy: 7  Battled all night against a Blackpool Tower of a defender. First goal said it all; chased the ball down and did enough to create that opening. Tireless performance.

Lawrence: 9  Outstanding. For me, his second minute of stoppage time chasing and blocking of the ball deep in their half said everything about him tonight. Such a confidence player. Paid tribute after to Cocu for his slightly freer role this season, and long may that continue. He was an absolute revelation. Wayne Rooney - who needs him?

Fans: 10  To be part of that following was special. Never stopped singing all night and fully behind the team. 

Early days, but what a fantastic start. Still buzzing as you can clearly infer from this post. Sorry it's long-winded, and I hope I've not trod on anyone toes!

UTR!

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised you marked Bogle so low. I lost count on the number of times he stopped crosses coming in, he blocked a couple of shots, wasn't beaten in the air and cleared the ball when needed rather than over playing. Harsh to say he was "caught out" when that was likely when he was on the edge of the box and a teammate lost the ball. Second best player on the pitch for me.

I would put Clarke on 9 on a par with Lawrence. Defensively he headed everything, defended like a beast and he's quick.

With the ball he passed it well, has good composure, doesn't panic, at one point he was up on the left wing and took somebody on and crossed it, not your average CB play but it shows the lad can play a bit.

Then when you think it was his debut, he hadn't played a single minute with any of his team mates but slotted in like he'd been there for 30 games it is even more impressive. I hope he stays fit because it looks like we managed to replace Tomori and replaced him well

Huddlestone a bit higher than a 6 from me. Calm, available and dictated the play 1st half. Some decent blocks/tackles in the 2nd half. 

Roos 6

Bogle 6

Malone 7

Keogh 6

Clarke 8

Huddlestone 8

Evans 7

Dowell 6

Zoon 5

Waghorn 6

Lawrence 10

Archived