Daniel Sturridge banned for 2 weeks for breaching betting rules

Sith Happens

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

Not to stick up for Joey 'Mr Culture' Barton.  But there isn't much of a difference in what both of them did, yet one only gets two weeks...

As amusing as it was, seemed harsh at the time, although betting against the team he plays for probably didn't help his case.

but yes, the discrepancy is pretty big.

Either he told his brother to bet on him moving to another club and his brother list the bet, so that was pretty bad advice, or he told his brother to bet on him not moving to another club, in which case I should put a bet on me not moving to Man City in the next couple of years, I wonder what sort of odds I’d get on that?

or he advised his brother not to bet on him moving to another club. In which case, I advise you all not to bet on me moving to Man City. I hope I don’t get in any trouble. 

The reports suggest that he sent whatsapp messages (which have been seen by the FA) to his brother telling him to place £1,000 on him moving to Sevilla and that, if it didn't happen, he'd give him the grand back.

The advice is just bloody stupid. £1,000 on Sturridge to Sevilla in 2018 returned £317,000. Did he genuinely think that if it had come in the bookies wouldn't have been asking a few questions?

As it treanspires, I think all of this came about because the bookies raised questions about why anybody was placing £1,000 on a 317/1 bet. They probably also saw that the bloke's account went by the name 'Sturridge' and thought that something smelt a bit fishy. Honestly, Sturridge deserves everything he gets if only for the brazen stupidity.

6 minutes ago, TibshelfRam said:

The reports suggest that he sent whatsapp messages (which have been seen by the FA) to his brother telling him to place £1,000 on him moving to Sevilla and that, if it didn't happen, he'd give him the grand back.

The advice is just bloody stupid. £1,000 on Sturridge to Sevilla in 2018 returned £317,000. Did he genuinely think that if it had come in the bookies wouldn't have been asking a few questions?

As it treanspires, I think all of this came about because the bookies raised questions about why anybody was placing £1,000 on a 317/1 bet. They probably also saw that the bloke's account went by the name 'Sturridge' and thought that something smelt a bit fishy. Honestly, Sturridge deserves everything he gets if only for the brazen stupidity.

And he lost the bet. You’ve got to be a special kind of stupid to loose a bet when you couldn’t be more ITK. 

Archived