U23s v Newcastle United - PL Cup Quarter Final

Day

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ambitious said:

Most of these players are younger than 20. We do have a couple older, but I think the more talented players are the younger ones, i.e. Mitchell-Lawson, Whittaker, Bird, Sibley, Macdonald...etc. 

MacDonald is 21 to be fair... your point still stands though

Ravas - 21

Gordon - 21

MacDonald - 21

Bird - 18

Hunt - 19

Buchanan - 18

Babos - 21

Sibley - 17

Mitchell-Lawson - 19

Whittaker - 18

Cresswell - 19

Just now, gccrowdpleaser said:

Not on this showing!

I've watched a lot of youth football, and I've learnt that the player's inconsistencies can be staggering at times - but Hunt is usually quite dominant, and is good with the ball at his feet. 

11 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

It's been a scrappy start, although I do like the balance of our side. I'd back us to go 2-0 down before coming back to win on penalties.  

3 minutes ago, David said:

This aged well ?

I was still able to edit it, so I'm still on for a winner! ?

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I've watched a lot of youth football, and I've learnt that the player's inconsistencies can be staggering at times - but Hunt is usually quite dominant, and is good with the ball at his feet. 

I like Buchanan, certainly seem more exposed on the right hand side. Gordon and Hunt having a bad game. Buchanan and Macdonald seem to be doing well.

Just now, Ambitious said:

I like Buchanan, certainly seem more exposed on the right hand side. Gordon and Hunt having a bad game. Buchanan and Macdonald seem to be doing well.

I'd agree on this showing, for sure.

Newcastle the better team in the first half no doubt - but Derby have another gear that I hope we can find in the second and turn this around.

If Kellan Gordon just controls that rather than trying a first time cross that ended up looking like a shot, it would've been a penalty.

Their midfielder, no.10, reminds me of Miles Addison. Just jogs forward with the ball while players bounce off him.

Archived