Michael Ngadeu-Ngadjui

Nuwtfly

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I did leave clues in a thread (can't remember where now!) a couple of weeks ago. Happy to name names at 11. I'd be thrilled if we signed him before then. Never seen the lad play but heard only good things about him.

But maybe our Cameroon international will be the new Stimac instead?

@Carl Sagan who were the players then we were after the league one defender?

11 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

@Carl Sagan who were the players then we were after the league one defender?

11 hours ago, philmycock said:

Baited breath, Carl's gone to bed ?

Sorry - I didn't mean 11am when I said I'd name him after 11, but sometimes footy takes a back seat.

Yeah for @Parsnipand @Nuwtflyas well, we had been looking at Barnsley's Ethan Pinnock for a while. He's a late developer, having come from non-league, but seems very much a ball-playing centre-half, and 6 foot 4 so pretty dominant. But clearly we weren't the only ones following him and there was some talk of Newcastle interest. Earlier in the window I heard we were told £3m which we thought was too much, but then that's the reported bid rejected from Brentford late on. Barnsley sold someone else early in January which meant they were more able to name their price for Pinnock.

Parsnip had asked for a cryptic clue so I posted this:

It contained the phrase "a sassy tee" which is an anagram of Pinnock's weird twitter handle of @easyeatss and seemed appropriate because I'd watched a video of him in which he was indeed wearing a sassy tee-shirt on returning to his nonleague routes at Dulwich Hamlet:

I wondered if the Huddlestone to Udinese interest was to try to bring Pinnock in, but just as we didn't want to lose the likes of Marriott, Lawrence or Bogle late in the window, I'm sure Barnsley were in the same position so still might not have sold. It means we go into the final months of the campaign very short on centre halves, though Wisdom and Evans can play there. Will Andy King make the difference in the promotion push? Let's hope so!

58 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

It contained the phrase "a sassy tee" which is an anagram of Pinnock's weird twitter handle of @easyeatss and seemed appropriate because I'd watched a video of him in which he was indeed wearing a sassy tee-shirt

On 08/01/2019 at 13:50, Parsnip said:

You're just a big tease with your sass

Haha I was almost on to you!!!

Well played sir.

Archived