NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, David said:

Bit early to be drinking isn’t it?

Butler is a horrible co-ordinator and his defences continually get picked apart in the linebacker positions in matchup football. Minkah could potentially help, but don't think he will this week. Kyle Shanahan is an excellent planner and play caller and has extremely fast players, as well as George Kittle, to pick you apart over the middle. I don't think you've shown the ability to pour on enough points if you get into a hole, which could well happen away at a 2-0 49ers team in their home opener.

8 minutes ago, Srg said:

Butler is a horrible co-ordinator and his defences continually get picked apart in the linebacker positions in matchup football. Minkah could potentially help, but don't think he will this week. Kyle Shanahan is an excellent planner and play caller and has extremely fast players, as well as George Kittle, to pick you apart over the middle. I don't think you've shown the ability to pour on enough points if you get into a hole, which could well happen away at a 2-0 49ers team in their home opener.

You’re conveniently forgetting Ben got injured against the Pats and didn’t look right on Sunday, offence has had a terrible start as a result but that will change this week. That Rudolph x Washington connection will be reunited and JuJu season will start....not forgetting big old square head.

High scoring game, put your money on it, but we’re edging this.  

Some really interesting matchups this weekend. 

Think Raiders/Vikings has a chance of being a really good game.

Although I think the Ravens will be the only team currently 2-0 who won't be 3-0 come week 4. Maybe the Rams if the Browns can find themselves but I don't think that's likely.

22 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Some really interesting matchups this weekend. 

Think Raiders/Vikings has a chance of being a really good game.

Big game. We should have beat the Packers. After a disastrous 1st quarter we were well on top, we can’t follow that up with a defeat in Minneapolis. Especially as it’s off to Soldier Field next week.

the defence needs to be on it from the start this week....though we don’t have Rodgers to contend with.

then the big question is can Dalvin Cook (along with Alex Mattison) be as effective in the run game against a D that smothered the Chiefs run game last week. Because there’s not much faith in Cousins at the moment. I actually thought he was doing alright last week, until he threw the game away ?‍♂️? My biggest issue with  is he doesn’t seem to go through his progression. He’s throwing the ball to cornered receivers, one last week where Diggs was surrounded by 2 defenders, whilst Rudolph was stood all on his own for an easy pass.

he did manage to find Chad Beebe one, who went for 61 yards, most of which after the catch. I’d like to see more of Beebe.

i haven’t looked at the other matches yet.

6 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Big game. We should have beat the Packers. After a disastrous 1st quarter we were well on top, we can’t follow that up with a defeat in Minneapolis. Especially as it’s off to Soldier Field next week.

the defence needs to be on it from the start this week....though we don’t have Rodgers to contend with.

then the big question is can Dalvin Cook (along with Alex Mattison) be as effective in the run game against a D that smothered the Chiefs run game last week. Because there’s not much faith in Cousins at the moment. I actually thought he was doing alright last week, until he threw the game away ?‍♂️? My biggest issue with  is he doesn’t seem to go through his progression. He’s throwing the ball to cornered receivers, one last week where Diggs was surrounded by 2 defenders, whilst Rudolph was stood all on his own for an easy pass.

he did manage to find Chad Beebe one, who went for 61 yards, most of which after the catch. I’d like to see more of Beebe.

i haven’t looked at the other matches yet.

I, personally, look forward to being up until 1am watching my Saints likely get stuffed by the Hawks. Although I'd probably be as ecstatic as I've ever been if Teddy and/or Taysom shock the world and turn out to be revelations ? 

42 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I, personally, look forward to being up until 1am watching my Saints likely get stuffed by the Hawks. Although I'd probably be as ecstatic as I've ever been if Teddy and/or Taysom shock the world and turn out to be revelations ? 

I hope Teddy does well, as do most Vikings fans even if it is with the Saints ?

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

I hope Teddy does well, as do most Vikings fans even if it is with the Saints ?

I'm expecting it to be Teddy for most of the game; but mostly Taysom in the redzone.

Taysom was getting snaps instead of Brees in the redzone, no way we don't use him more in this system.

15 hours ago, Don't Panic said:

I’m just hoping Rudolph delivers lots of gifts for JuJu and Washington... ?

Would not be shocked if Washington actually overtook Juju in targets in the short term, while Mason Rudolph is working his way into the offense. Washington was his no.1 guy in college, so they will already have a strong relationship.

27 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Titans @ Jaguars tonight. Expect a close probably low scoring game, Hopefully a Derrick Henry inspired Titans win ? 

I want Jalen Ramsey to come out healthy and then demand a trade to the Ravens for the 5th round pick the Vikings gave us and nothing else.

20 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Titans @ Jaguars tonight. Expect a close probably low scoring game, Hopefully a Derrick Henry inspired Titans win ? 

Be interesting how the Jags secondary plays. Arguably the best CB in the league, Ramsey, will be playing while simultaneously seeking a trade due to a falling out with the HC. If they can't get an offer for two first round picks, which is what they want (and is fair value), and Ramsey plays well tonight - they might have a difficult decision to make. Marrone hasn't exactly lit the place up ? 

Not sure who the Titans are yet. Their passing game is woefully inconsistent.

No doubt Minshew suddenly starts targeting Westbrook over Chark and Conley now I've dropped him in Fantasy.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Be interesting how the Jags secondary plays. Arguably the best CB in the league, Ramsey, will be playing while simultaneously seeking a trade due to a falling out with the HC. If they can't get an offer for two first round picks, which is what they want (and is fair value), and Ramsey plays well tonight - they might have a difficult decision to make. Marrone hasn't exactly lit the place up ? 

Not sure who the Titans are yet. Their passing game is woefully inconsistent.

No doubt Minshew suddenly starts targeting Westbrook over Chark and Conley now I've dropped him in Fantasy.

I'd quite like us to trade maybe a 1st (which all being well will be a late 1st), Jimmy Smith and maybe a throw in late rounder and see if we can get it done.

We don't tend to give up draft picks so I would be beyond shocked, but it's well known we wanted Ramsey in that draft if we could've got him but he was simply gone too quickly and we ended up with (a not bad consolation) Ronnie Stanley.

1 minute ago, Srg said:

I'd quite like us to trade maybe a 1st (which all being well will be a late 1st), Jimmy Smith and maybe a throw in late rounder and see if we can get it done.

We don't tend to give up draft picks so I would be beyond shocked, but it's well known we wanted Ramsey in that draft if we could've got him but he was simply gone too quickly and we ended up with (a not bad consolation) Ronnie Stanley.

I said to my friend the Saints should do similar with Eli Apple going the other way ? 

I'd love Lattimore and Ramsey on either flank lmao

2 minutes ago, David said:

Off to the Chiefs apparently 

They're interested; but if the Jags are smart they'll wait to see who else offers the same number of 1st round picks; and they're in no rush if Ramsey is happy to play which he seems to be for the time being. Other teams are interested and it's very likely their picks will be more valuable than the Chiefs'

9 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

They're interested; but if the Jags are smart they'll wait to see who else offers the same number of 1st round picks; and they're in no rush if Ramsey is happy to play which he seems to be for the time being. Other teams are interested and it's very likely their picks will be more valuable than the Chiefs'

Sure I read that he plays tonight and will be traded tomorrow, won’t be able to play this week for the Chiefs though as you can only be on one roster for the weeks games

3 minutes ago, David said:

Sure I read that he plays tonight and will be traded tomorrow, won’t be able to play this week for the Chiefs though as you can only be on one roster for the weeks games

I've not seen any insider reports etc. saying that he's off to the Chiefs, just that the Chiefs are the most obvious landing spot, but if you find what you read let me know.

Archived