NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had one scrubbed off, fumble return and Barron miles away from the action decided to block their WR as we reached the end zone.

Throw in the personal foul on a field goal attempt which gave them a first down and resulted in a TD, and letting Wilson run for 15 yards untouched on 3rd down with 2 mins left.

Another bad day at the office.

Ben, Conner, Davis, Willliams all injured for the cherry on top.

Positive is Mason Rudolph looks quality. 

2 minutes ago, jimbo jones said:

Another horrible call costing a touchdown. 

That poops insane to me - cos turnovers are automatically reviewed - so if it wasnt a fumble it would have come back anyway?

Why the duck would they blow that dead? Fumin' 

We are relying on your defense to put points on the board for us today. Can't afford that.

10 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

That poops insane to me - cos turnovers are automatically reviewed - so if it wasnt a fumble it would have come back anyway?

Why the duck would they blow that dead? Fumin' 

We are relying on your defense to put points on the board for us today. Can't afford that.

Makes no sense. 

Still have a hope of winning this if our defense keeps playing at this level. Really taken the wind out of our sails losing Brees though.

With how extended his thumb is it looks like ligament damage. 

Teddy certainly aint the answer. Takes so long to make a decision; and doesn't trust his passes and/or his receivers.

"Loads of time but no-ones getting open" says the announcer. No-ones ever ducking open, we have slow receivers, that's why Brees is so good. He's accurate, but most importantly he trusts his guys to make a play.

We've a $100m WR and our QB isn't throwing it to him in one on one situations. Brees always takes those odds. 

If Brees is out v Hawks/Boys we lose both those games for sure.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Teddy certainly aint the answer. Takes so long to make a decision; and doesn't trust his passes and/or his receivers.

"Loads of time but no-ones getting open" says the announcer. No-ones ever ducking open, we have slow receivers, that's why Brees is so good. He's accurate, but most importantly he trusts his guys to make a play.

We've a $100m WR and our QB isn't throwing it to him in one on one situations. Brees always takes those odds. 

If Brees is out v Hawks/Boys we lose both those games for sure.

He's no Drew Brees but the Saints WRs are simply not getting in space. The Rams secondary have played surprisingly well. 

7 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

He's no Drew Brees but the Saints WRs are simply not getting in space. The Rams secondary have played surprisingly well. 

Saints WRs almost never have any space, that's what I'm saying. We have violent receivers who compete for the ball. 

Well, actually, probably best to say at least 50% of our passes go to receivers who aren't in space. Rather than they're never in space. Slightly different statements.

There've been loads of situations where Michael Thomas has had his regular half-step on his corner; but Teddys not taking the shot. Wasting MT's talent. 

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Saints WRs almost never have any space, that's what I'm saying. We have violent receivers who compete for the ball. 

Well, actually, probably best to say at least 50% of our passes go to receivers who aren't in space. Rather than they're never in space. Slightly different statements.

I don't see the Saints enough to dispute that. But even if it's the case that relies on getting the ball out quickly , pin point accuracy and the  receivers being on the same page as the QB. 

My point was that Bridgewater is a solid back up, but of course he's not going to seamlessly step in for a hall of famer.

I'd be concerned of course, but I'd not be in blind panic mode just yet. 

Just now, Bob The Badger said:

I don't see the Saints enough to dispute that. But even if it's the case that relies on getting the ball out quickly , pin point accuracy and the  receivers being on the same page as the QB. 

My point was that Bridgewater is a solid back up, but of course he's not going to seamlessly step in for a hall of famer.

I'd be concerned of course, but I'd not be in blind panic mode just yet. 

There's a big gap between seamlessly stepping in for a HoF and not being able to lead an offense with Thomas, Kamara in it into even the redzone. Albeit with a beaten up O-Line. 

And also, us Saints fans are planning for the end of Brees; we keep getting told that Payton likes Teddy moving forward - so this showing is of more concern to us than just this game. 

Ah well - that was a really concerning performance; but early days yet. 

Lost points to the officials were crazy annoying in the moment, but with no sign of Teddy being able to get us into the redzone it's obviously pretty moot. Would have been nice to have a TD though. 

Didn't think the Rams were good at all but it still looked fairly comfortable.

Lock in the L in Seattle next week.

13 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

There's a big gap between seamlessly stepping in for a HoF and not being able to lead an offense with Thomas, Kamara in it into even the redzone. Albeit with a beaten up O-Line. 

And also, us Saints fans are planning for the end of Brees; we keep getting told that Payton likes Teddy moving forward - so this showing is of more concern to us than just this game. 

Kamara was getting stuffed prior to Brees getting injured, although it was early days.

And your O line's issues wasn't being beaten up - we are playing two effectively, rookies, and the another came in when Blythe got injured - it was penalties. It wasn't like we were pouring through your line or flying off the edges.

I thought Bridgewater did fine considering he'll have had almost no reps and his Oline were so antsy.

I'm not saying he's the answer after Brees, but I am saying he wasn't anything like the only reason you lost today. 

Archived