NFL 2019 Season

Day

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heinous no-call in the Eagles/Lions game. Facemask on a returner twists his helmet around 180 and pulls it off. Could have broken the guys neck if it had stuck and not come away.

I don't see how the NFL can survive these truly awful calls this season, if they keep coming at such an incredibly high rate (worse than most) without making officials full time. This is basic stuff.

Had to look away from the TV when that came on. Ouch. Thankfully was ok. 

We’ve finally got a bit of control against the Dolphins. Shakey first half for us. Taco Charlton who we released this week has just sacked Dak mind, funny how stuff like that works out. 

Absolutely thumping the Raiders with a good all round performance.

Cook going over 100 yards again and a TD, Mattison going over 50 and a TD, Mike Boone even comes on for a 24 yard run. 

Thielen with a catch & run TD, Irv Smith with a couple of big plays, and Kirk barely put a foot wrong.

and the defence just being the defence.

Saints DEF and Special Teams putting in work so far to help our weakened offense.

A Punt return for a TD, a fumble returned for a TD, and two Saints punts have landed within the Seahawks 3 yard line - courtesy of the GOAT Morstead. 

Offense has looked poor - but Saints lead 14-7. 

Now Kamara does what he does. Bridgewater starting to feel some ryhtym. Lot of game left to play but things are looking good. 

Huge play by Wilson right there but they didn't take a timeout and they run out of clock.

Just now, David said:

It’s almost time to change teams again, who wants me? ?

Watching Saints/Seahawks - and the Hawks have had an off day, but I bet Russell Wilson is fun to watch as a fan. Saints pass rush is elite and we just cannot sack the man!

I’m not changing, just struggling to see where we go from here. 5 turnovers and still lose? They tried their best to hand us the W and just politely said no, you take this one. Hard to watch.

James Conner looks done, very rarely does he beat a man, straight in, first bit of contact and down. 

7 hours ago, David said:

I’m not changing, just struggling to see where we go from here. 5 turnovers and still lose? They tried their best to hand us the W and just politely said no, you take this one. Hard to watch.

James Conner looks done, very rarely does he beat a man, straight in, first bit of contact and down. 

Went to bed at half time. But thought the Niners would win, to create all those turnovers and get so few points, is really bad. Seems like start again time for the Steelers. Starting at HC, I’m not a fan of Tomlin

46 minutes ago, Bob The Badger said:

You must be a lot more relaxed @SaintRam - I didn't see the game, but going into Seattle with a back up QB and taking the W is huge!

How did Teddy play?

Firstly, I'm delighted - and was very hyped the whole game. Starting with a 3-and-out on Hawks followed by a Punt return for a TD really set the tone. Also, despite my crushing pessimism on here shortly after the Rams game - I was the voice of blind optimism with my group of friends this week and have been throwing "I told you so's" out all day. Was a great team performance. 

How well did Teddy play? Not well. But good enough, obviously.

Kamara put the offense on his back; and really we have what is an elite defensive front (in one key play we stuffed the Hawks on 3rd and inches, and then again when they went for it on 4th and inches), and elite special teams (a punt returned for a TD and the GOAT Morstead put 3 punts within the Hawk's 10, 2 within their 3), to thank for the win. 

Of course, we were in the lead basically the whole game - so I understand Teddy not taking risks. But he barely targeted Thomas or Cook (although Cook does seem to be stumbling into this playbook, isn't up to speed ye; misses easy catches cos he doesn't turn quickly enough). The vast majority of our reception yards were gained after the catch. 

If Kamara, the defense, and the special teams perform like that every week Drew's away we'll win every game - and Teddy will essentially be a nonfactor; he'd just have to not turnover the ball. But that's a huge if. At some point we're going to need him to start trusting his throws, and attempting passes over 10 yards. Hopefully when that time comes, he steps up. 
The biggest obstacle to that though is how slowly he goes through his progressions. Obviously, we're spoiled with Brees - who goes through them faster than any QB, but Teddy's often only on his 2nd or 3rd look when the pressure finally gets to him and he's forced to scramble. Mike Thomas was visibly frustrated multiple times during that game.

Archived