The missing 78 seconds incident

11 hours ago, AdamRam said:

I was there, only a youngster at the time having been thrown over the fence to open a gate for others. An example when people say the youth of today are so much worse that in past years, they are not, it was as bad then as it is today, people just get older and forget.

As for the game, if it was the other way around we would be crying on an injustice for years, no matter what the result you couldn’t concentrate a football game whilst the crowd being so close, should have been replayed regardless of how on top we were, not that I thought that at the time.

Very good points there fella. We end up turning into our dads...moaning about the youth of today but it really was far more dangerous attending matches in the 70's and 80's than it is now. 

I've not witnessed anything in the last 20 years that was worse than those days.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Very good points there fella. We end up turning into our dads...moaning about the youth of today but it really was far more dangerous attending matches in the 70's and 80's than it is now. 

I've not witnessed anything in the last 20 years that was worse than those days.

Roughly since I left the country ?

Remember this so well, was lined up behind the bigger lads who were sat on top of the fences many minutes before and eventually breeched the railings totally blocking our view, so like many others we climbed up to get a better view.

Me and my mates sole focus was running in the pitch to celebrate our survival once the whistle went; couldn’t see the incident due to blocked view but after I thought it was a daft thing to do.

All we wanted was the game to finish and celebrate, let’s face it, for a number of years we had precious little to cheer bar the odd victory over Forest.

Ah happy days, almost back to my childhood.....almost. As for those who moan about us ruining Fulham’s chances, my old man said....HUH that’s nothing how we were treated by Juventus and UEFA back in the day.

On 15/10/2018 at 06:18, uttoxram75 said:

This is the game, and yes, I was there...about 5 yards from the incident where the player was kicked (I thought it was a decent tackle tbh).....

I tell you what I'd not seen the post-match interview but if that's what Malcolm Macdonald is like when he's "Fuming" he must be the cheeriest man alive when he's happy.

I was there on the popside and our mob from the Ossie park made our way from the back to the front and were amongst the first over the fence. I remember a copper thinking he had good idea when he opened the gate to get us back onto the popside,suddenly realising he might have made a mistake as hundreds poured out.

On 15/10/2018 at 13:18, uttoxram75 said:

This is the game, and yes, I was there...about 5 yards from the incident where the player was kicked (I thought it was a decent tackle tbh).....

7 minutes 16 seconds, there's a fella in the background with ginger hair next to the policeman. That's my dad who was fourth official that day!

22 hours ago, ossieram said:

I was there on the popside and our mob from the Ossie park made our way from the back to the front and were amongst the first over the fence. I remember a copper thinking he had good idea when he opened the gate to get us back onto the popside,suddenly realising he might have made a mistake as hundreds poured out.

Ah! I nearly included a comment about a policeman opening the gate in my earlier post, was wasn’t sure whether my memory was playing tricks on me! Thank you, I’m not going mad ?

Archived