Should Davies start against Sheffield United

Curtains

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I like the guy admittedly but obsessed is a bit strong. I'm just giving him a fair crack of the whip especially since his tenure is in its infancy. 

I am mate and I hope he does well but I still want this guy in the team 

BA5C8EEA-5BC1-43F3-BFB5-0002F28C3811.jpeg

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

I am mate and I hope he does well but I still want this guy in the team 

BA5C8EEA-5BC1-43F3-BFB5-0002F28C3811.jpeg

I've no axe to grind with CD. He was immense for us last season but as I've already said, I think he needs to be patient and take his opportunity when it comes along. What are your thoughts on us switching to a back 3 to accommodate him?

27 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Yes he was. 

We didnt get  promotion and the repercussions and consequences are still with us. 

Like selling Hughes and Vydra etc etc and dwindling gates. 

Ok, so how come its ok for you to bring up the past but not others?

My question was a valid one. Its been clear from your posts this season you arent a huge fan of frank, but was also clear you were one of rowetts biggest supporters on here.

So with an identical record its fair to ask if you thought Rowetss team was broken too?

History is a good thing to teach us that we shouldn't overreact to situations.

Last season was a good example, and while Gary was ultimately a failure it was fair to argue, based on history that we shouldnt judge him after so few games. A great example was Jim Smiths start to his tenure, if this forum existed back then people would have been calling for him to be sacked early on.

And what on earth selling Vydra and Hughes had to do with Mclaren I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Ok, so how come its ok for you to bring up the past but not others?

My question was a valid one. Its been clear from your posts this season you arent a huge fan of frank, but was also clear you were one of rowetts biggest supporters on here.

So with an identical record its fair to ask if you thought Rowetss team was broken too?

History is a good thing to teach us that we shouldn't overreact to situations.

Last season was a good example, and while Gary was ultimately a failure it was fair to argue, based on history that we shouldnt judge him after so few games. A great example was Jim Smiths start to his tenure, if this forum existed back then people would have been calling for him to be sacked early on.

And what on earth selling Vydra and Hughes had to do with Mclaren I have no idea.

You really think that missing out on the Premier League Millions by losing to 10 men QPR didn’t effect the clubs prospects.

My goodness I rest my case. 

18 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've no axe to grind with CD. He was immense for us last season but as I've already said, I think he needs to be patient and take his opportunity when it comes along. What are your thoughts on us switching to a back 3 to accommodate him?

I like the idea. 

Frank might not though. 

Did we really need to get the Chelsea player in on loan as a replacement for either Keogh or Davies when we had Pearce as back up. 

Frank needs to address this one way or the other. 

@Curtains would it be possible for you to not try to hijack every thread and turn it into a Rowett appreciation anti-McClaren, anti-Lampard boreathon? Getting really tiresome now. Start a dedicated thread if you want to to but let other folk discuss what they wish to without endlessly irrelevant interjections please!

1 minute ago, 86 points said:

@Curtains would it be possible for you to not try to hijack every thread and turn it into a Rowett appreciation anti-McClaren, anti-Lampard boreathon? Getting really tiresome now. Start a dedicated thread if you want to to but let other folk discuss what they wish to without endlessly irrelevant interjections please!

I started this thread and I didn’t hijack it. 

Other people brought Rowett into it. 

Please  tell me if this wasn’t the case .

Archived