Macclesfield equal our record

gfs1ram

54 minutes ago, richinspain said:

That wouldn't have been the 6-0 I hope 

Think so. I reckon we lost because of kit colour!:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1903_FA_Cup_Final

Also, in a weird twist of fate, we beat notts 5-0 with a Bloomer hat-trick just before losing at Wembley (v notts) - where Bloomer didn’t play.

Then we beat notts 5-0 with a Bryson hat-trick just before losing at Wembley (v QPR) where Bryson didnt play.

And to think that with 3 fa cup final defeats, including one v notts, another the biggest ever loss, being disqualified from Europe for financial irregularities (when everyone else was bribing, racially abusing and worse), being cheated in 73 v Juve, losing v Real after 4-1 up, the lowest points in history, the longest stretch without a win, etc etc etc - .... it’s like we’ve been cursed or something!! ?

Haha - every club has it stories like those above but you just know that if a team hasn’t won for yonks and they play us, there’s only one result!

And if a striker is a on a barren run then come and play us.

And if an ex player is in the away team then.... you get the picture! 

I will applaud Chris Martin when he breaks his duck for Hull at you know where ?

UTR

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/10/2018 at 23:54, gfs1ram said:

Surely deserves a topic of its own.

This is league wins only. So it takes into account two seasons ago when they got relegated from L2, but ignores last season when they won the National League. Technically correct, but utterly pointless stat.

On 13/10/2018 at 23:05, Tim Bucktoo said:

Think so. I reckon we lost because of kit colour!:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1903_FA_Cup_Final

Also, in a weird twist of fate, we beat notts 5-0 with a Bloomer hat-trick just before losing at Wembley (v notts) - where Bloomer didn’t play.

Then we beat notts 5-0 with a Bryson hat-trick just before losing at Wembley (v QPR) where Bryson didnt play.

And to think that with 3 fa cup final defeats, including one v notts, another the biggest ever loss, being disqualified from Europe for financial irregularities (when everyone else was bribing, racially abusing and worse), being cheated in 73 v Juve, losing v Real after 4-1 up, the lowest points in history, the longest stretch without a win, etc etc etc - .... it’s like we’ve been cursed or something!! ?

Haha - every club has it stories like those above but you just know that if a team hasn’t won for yonks and they play us, there’s only one result!

And if a striker is a on a barren run then come and play us.

And if an ex player is in the away team then.... you get the picture! 

I will applaud Chris Martin when he breaks his duck for Hull at you know where ?

UTR

I like these kinds of conspiracy theories but they are all rubbish of course. We've beaten plenty of teams on bad runs and ex-players don't score against us much. I was a tad worried about Kasey Palmer the other week but reckon he's still in Bogle's pocket.

Anyway, I hope you'll be reassured that presumably Martin won't be playing against us as he's on loan?

13 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I like these kinds of conspiracy theories but they are all rubbish of course. We've beaten plenty of teams on bad runs and ex-players don't score against us much. I was a tad worried about Kasey Palmer the other week but reckon he's still in Bogle's pocket.

Anyway, I hope you'll be reassured that presumably Martin won't be playing against us as he's on loan?

No way, it’s all true.

Anyway the curse has been lifted - I can’t see any other plausable explanation for letting in an equaliser at Old Trafford 5 mins into fergie time and then winning 8-7 on penos with a Keogh winner. 

Archived