Under 23s v Brighton

angieram

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What do we know about their attitude etc tho? There may be more to it than football matters

If it was attitude or similar, why would you burden the U23's with that. I don't think MM is the type to tolerate any nonsense, they'd just be dropped full stop, no matter what the wages. Plus, the apparent spirit around the U23's from what I've seen seems pretty good? 

Manager doesn't fancy player in team does not = player treated badly.

Every single football club has players that find themselves on the bench or outside the match day 18 that feel like they are worthy of a place in the team. Some managers like you, others don't. Welcome to the career of the professional footballer.

In 3 months the transfer window opens again, Butterfield, Thorne, Anya will all have the opportunity to leave the club if Lampard sees them as surplus to requirements and an offer comes in that the club think is acceptable. 

Until then, heads down, train hard, when given a chance in the U23s use it to impress other clubs scouts that will be watching.

Now if we are locking them up in the cleaning cupboard, removing the lightbulb and not paying them, I can start to get on board with this treating them badly theory.

I get we all have our favourite players, but come on, we all should know how the game works.

44 minutes ago, David said:

Manager doesn't fancy player in team does not = player treated badly.

Every single football club has players that find themselves on the bench or outside the match day 18 that feel like they are worthy of a place in the team. Some managers like you, others don't. Welcome to the career of the professional footballer.

In 3 months the transfer window opens again, Butterfield, Thorne, Anya will all have the opportunity to leave the club if Lampard sees them as surplus to requirements and an offer comes in that the club think is acceptable. 

Until then, heads down, train hard, when given a chance in the U23s use it to impress other clubs scouts that will be watching.

Now if we are locking them up in the cleaning cupboard, removing the lightbulb and not paying them, I can start to get on board with this treating them badly theory.

I get we all have our favourite players, but come on, we all should know how the game works.

So an analogy would be you get a new boss at work and your face doesn’t fit. 

Does that make it right. 

Do DCFC not have a certain way to deal with footballers.

ie   Footballers can suffer with the rest of us with emotions can’t they. 

1 hour ago, The Arch Deacon said:

If it was attitude or similar, why would you burden the U23's with that. I don't think MM is the type to tolerate any nonsense, they'd just be dropped full stop, no matter what the wages. Plus, the apparent spirit around the U23's from what I've seen seems pretty good? 

Depends, may be being used as a punishment, certainly has been in the past. Not that I think that is the case, but you have to look at all options before claiming they’ve been treated poorly in my views.

3 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

So an analogy would be you get a new boss at work and your face doesn’t fit. 

Does that make it right. 

Do DCFC not have a certain way to deal with footballers.

ie   Footballers can suffer with the rest of us with emotions can’t they. 

Sorry but you can't compare an ordinary job in an office or shop with a footballer, doesn't work the same and you know that.

We have two transfer windows a season for managers to trade players that they want and are surplus to requirements, that's the game, the game that every footballer will be well aware of.

Of course players will be disappointed if they don't get the game time, but they will move on to new clubs where they are wanted and hope that they get the game time they need.

If Butterfield plays, another player misses out. 

The only way no players miss out is if you have 18 players in your squad and hope you pick up no injuries or suspensions. 

6 minutes ago, David said:

Sorry but you can't compare an ordinary job in an office or shop with a footballer, doesn't work the same and you know that.

We have two transfer windows a season for managers to trade players that they want and are surplus to requirements, that's the game, the game that every footballer will be well aware of.

Of course players will be disappointed if they don't get the game time, but they will move on to new clubs where they are wanted and hope that they get the game time they need.

If Butterfield plays, another player misses out. 

The only way no players miss out is if you have 18 players in your squad and hope you pick up no injuries or suspensions. 

Don’t Football clubs have a duty of care after signing a player to the player .

Casting them aside is soul destroying for the player .

It is in some ways worse for Butterfield than Martin isn’t it. 

1 hour ago, Newleaf said:

Don’t Football clubs have a duty of care after signing a player to the player .

Casting them aside is soul destroying for the player .

It is in some ways worse for Butterfield than Martin isn’t it. 

Clubs have a duty to pay them not play them

Archived