Bolton Travel Problem

DavesaRam

The A50 has been closed all weekend at Uttoxeter, so if you were going to go that way to the M6, you will need to find a way round it.

Travelling from Derby there are a few options. Here are those I have thought of:

1) Try and pick your way through Uttoxeter and head through to Stafford on the A518, then go right on the A34 to get to the M6. This depends on exactly where the road is closed. The closure is to allow the demolition of a bridge near the JCB factory o the Western side of Uttoxeter. Could eb a bit of a risk going that way.

2) Go via Ashbourne to Leek, then head for Stoke and pick up the M6 from there

3) Go the long way round up the M1, across the M62 and pick up the signs for Bolton.

4) See what Google Maps or Apple Maps tell you and follow that! They do take into account the latest traffic news, so should allow for the situation.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Happy driving, see you there!

PS: I have just checked on Apple maps, and it suggests going via AShbourne, Leek, Macclesfield, Stockport then via the A6 to the M6.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, DavesaRam said:

The A50 has been closed all weekend at Uttoxeter, so if you were going to go that way to the M6, you will need to find a way round it.

Travelling from Derby there are a few options. Here are those I have thought of:

1) Try and pick your way through Uttoxeter and head through to Stafford on the A518, then go right on the A34 to get to the M6. This depends on exactly where the road is closed. The closure is to allow the demolition of a bridge near the JCB factory o the Western side of Uttoxeter. Could eb a bit of a risk going that way.

2) Go via Ashbourne to Leek, then head for Stoke and pick up the M6 from there

3) Go the long way round up the M1, across the M62 and pick up the signs for Bolton.

4) See what Google Maps or Apple Maps tell you and follow that! They do take into account the latest traffic news, so should allow for the situation.

Any other suggestions would be helpful.

Happy driving, see you there!

PS: I have just checked on Apple maps, and it suggests going via AShbourne, Leek, Macclesfield, Stockport then via the A6 to the M6.

If you get stuck in Utch, there is a Makers Market on Saturday where you can purchase various types of pies and pasties from strange places in Shropshire and Cheshire plus bottled artisan beer from Abbotts Bromley.

Archived