Strategy games

dog

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, dog said:

I loved lords of midnight as a kid. Looking for something similar (offline) with which to while away a few minutes (not hours).

Any suggestions?

With the Lords of Midnight reference, I'm assuming you're thinking of a point and click adventure game?

If that is the case, try Broken Sword. It came out in the early 90s but the animation is hand-drawn 2D and looks great to this day. It's been remastered for smart phones, so you can grab it pretty cheap from an app store.

It's the best point and click game I've ever played - the second one is excellent too.

7 hours ago, maxjam said:

'The Secret of Monkey Island' series are very good and funny point and click adventure games - recently remastered and made available on Steam. 

Wow i loved those games as a kid. Somehow I don't think it will be the same without constantly having to change the 13 floppy discs...

30 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If you want a point and click adventure look no further than Grim Fandango. An absolute classic of the genre.

Excellent game, I think that had a remaster as well?

If you want something a bit more modern, check out 'The Wolf Amongst Us' - cracking game!

Archived