Belize

AmericanRam

The lady's birthday is coming up in September and since it is a milestone one really want to do something special for her.

She has said before she's always wanted to go to Belize so really looking at taking her there.

Anyone else ever been? How was it? Restaurant recommendations? Anything to know?

Thank you.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an ex girlfriend who went there once. She contracted a flesh eating disease that ate half her nose. 

She had it repaired though. I don’t consider myself to be shallow, but I do prefer my women to have noses. 

Also, I have some mates who have been there on excercise to practice their jungle warfare (but that’s probably not the kind of review you’re after).

12 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

The lady's birthday is coming up in September and since it is a milestone one really want to do something special for her.

She has said before she's always wanted to go to Belize so really looking at taking her there.

Anyone else ever been? How was it? Restaurant recommendations? Anything to know?

Thank you.

Won’t be on many people’s places to visit from the U.K. thats for sure.. isn’t September hurricane season or do they pass north of there?

As Tiger said, it’s an army training destination for jungle warfare.. 

Good luck, take plenty of mozzy spray.. Let us know.

Just on balance from my experience, Belize was far the safest country is Central America. No problems at all in Caye Caulker which is a wonderful resort and close to the Blue Hole. I backpacked through Belize, Honduras, Guatemala, Nicaragua and El Salvador two years ago and had no problems at all in Belize- a few of the other countries posed a few issues. I would recommend anyone going. 

Costa Rica is amazing too 

On 25/06/2018 at 18:11, TigerTedd said:

I had an ex girlfriend who went there once. She contracted a flesh eating disease that ate half her nose. 

She had it repaired though. I don’t consider myself to be shallow, but I do prefer my women to have noses. 

Also, I have some mates who have been there on excercise to practice their jungle warfare (but that’s probably not the kind of review you’re after).

A full blown Guatemalan ground invasion would certainly make for a memorable trip ... although the battle noise and flashes at night could be worse than a nearby anti-social night club.

Also the RAF might impose luggage limits when they throw you on an evacuation Chinook. Your purchases from the glass blowers might get busted.

Archived