Sterling story

Stive Pesley

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't know people were vilifying the bloke for earning and spending his cash. Not right.

Perfectly reasonable to criticise poor performances and rubbish decision making when on show for England. 

I'll be the first to cheer him for doing something decent.  But I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw that.

Brilliant that. 

Dunno what the media's problem is. Especially The Sun. But i would much rather listen to what Sterling has to say. I mean this is the media that can ignore mass genocide but updates us on where Kim Kardashian is on holiday. The paper that tells us what a legend of our childhood Jimmy Saville was before contradicting all that balls the next day. Mick Philpott plastered all over the front page "Tears of a broken father", 5 pages of a loving father's agony, is next day full of a history of being a terrible scrounging excuse for a Dad. 

News-paper. ducking news!! 

Good on Raheem for not pandering to them. I hope he gives them nothing after he goes on to mopping up medals with City. 

Yes he runs like a div and he has in the past been thick and greedy. But he's under a great coach to learn when and where to use that greed. So hopefully the media all try to pretend they never hated on him either.

That laughing gas story. Raheem on dangerous drug.... next day... "my son died taking Raheem drug, says mother"

It's weird. I mean their obsession with Rooney was bad but this is like he's really done something wrong. 

It's amusing, watching media that loves to cover up their own duck ups constantly hammering a 23 year old for all his minor flaws. 

Why oh why don't our media ever have to answer to anyone. Who buys their poo? Parasites twist everything to suit an agenda. 

Never give them an interview Raheem. They'll want one if you win the World Cup. Is it because you dared leave London? And Liverpool who most the media love and The Sun have been trying to apologise to by kissing arse for a few decades?

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Brilliant that. 

Dunno what the media's problem is. Especially The Sun. But i would much rather listen to what Sterling has to say. I mean this is the media that can ignore mass genocide but updates us on where Kim Kardashian is on holiday. The paper that tells us what a legend of our childhood Jimmy Saville was before contradicting all that balls the next day. Mick Philpott plastered all over the front page "Tears of a broken father", 5 pages of a loving father's agony, is next day full of a history of being a terrible scrounging excuse for a Dad. 

News-paper. ducking news!! 

Good on Raheem for not pandering to them. I hope he gives them nothing after he goes on to mopping up medals with City. 

Yes he runs like a div and he has in the past been thick and greedy. But he's under a great coach to learn when and where to use that greed. So hopefully the media all try to pretend they never hated on him either.

That laughing gas story. Raheem on dangerous drug.... next day... "my son died taking Raheem drug, says mother"

It's weird. I mean their obsession with Rooney was bad but this is like he's really done something wrong. 

It's amusing, watching media that loves to cover up their own duck ups constantly hammering a 23 year old for all his minor flaws. 

Why oh why don't our media ever have to answer to anyone. Who buys their poo? Parasites twist everything to suit an agenda. 

Never give them an interview Raheem. They'll want one if you win the World Cup. Is it because you dared leave London? And Liverpool who most the media love and The Sun have been trying to apologise to by kissing arse for a few decades?

I have a problem with the bold part. 

He went to Man City because there was a bigger chance of winning silverware, his decision fully justified so far. The guy’s from London so it’s not like he was a Liverpool fan...

23 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I have a problem with the bold part. 

He went to Man City because there was a bigger chance of winning silverware, his decision fully justified so far. The guy’s from London so it’s not like he was a Liverpool fan...

I just meant on the ball. He was a selfish player with potential but since going to Man City he's looking like he might just achieve his potential.

I think he could go on to be a truly world class player

On 22/06/2018 at 22:33, StivePesley said:

Rags to Riches, got a new found love for Raheem Sterling.

He really is a top man with good solid foundations ????

On 23/06/2018 at 23:26, HantsRam said:

Didn't know people were vilifying the bloke for earning and spending his cash. Not right.

Perfectly reasonable to criticise poor performances and rubbish decision making when on show for England. 

I'll be the first to cheer him for doing something decent.  But I'm struggling to remember the last time I saw that.

He's been brilliant for Man City this season, but I fully understand many people not having watched any of that.

I don't know why he struggles so much for England. I wonder if it is just pressure/nerves or he's a one system player? Hard to say.

Needs a goal, shame he didn't bury the chance from the FK yesterday.

5 hours ago, SaintRam said:

He's been brilliant for Man City this season, but I fully understand many people not having watched any of that.

I don't know why he struggles so much for England. I wonder if it is just pressure/nerves or he's a one system player? Hard to say.

Needs a goal, shame he didn't bury the chance from the FK yesterday.

Wouldn't be the first by a long shot to be unable to reproduce club form for country. 

Nothing against the bloke - he comes across well on the commercial with all the kids.

But unless his contribution is to make space and chances for others then alternatives need to be looked at - all players need to strike a bit of fear into opponents. 

Just now, HantsRam said:

Wouldn't be the first by a long shot to be unable to reproduce club form for country. 

Nothing against the bloke - he comes across well on the commercial with all the kids.

But unless his contribution is to make space and chances for others then alternatives need to be looked at - all players need to strike a bit of fear into opponents. 

I will say so far he's been a bit of a Tom Lawrence at the World Cup.

He's not scoring and he's missing memorable chances, but he's doing the rest of job well enough to get a high rating on places like whoscored. He's the 6th highest rated England player so far.

Archived