World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Brazil aren't even in the quarters yet.

We could have lost to Japan and not of met Brazil. 

I don’t get your points. 

You should be happy that Harry and Co will smash Columbia with Rodriguez injured 

4 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

You're saying we could have lost to Japan followed by saying we'll smash Colombia.

I don't get your points.

The point I’m making is you don’t know and I don’t know what will happen in the next game. 

But Belgium b team beat England b team. 

Big deal. 

England A  team could do very well going forward.

Whats wrong with having a more favorable draw.  

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

You know it's a poor performance when you've made fellaini look like a half decent player. 

Hoe the hell he didn't get booked I'll never know, but then he never gets booked as often as he should in the Premiership. He is such a nasty, dirty player who is hell bent on pushing or kicking or tripping players up. or wacking them in the face when he gets beaten.

Never liked him, never will. so don't try and sign him, Frankie boy.

12 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

How come Switzerland or Sweden can't win the World Cup but England can? That's not arrogant thinking?

England are better than those two. There is a reason why they’re like 60/1 to win it.

Everybody can have an opinion on the matter. I personally just can’t see the logic in wanting to play the better teams.

To win a competition you surely want the easiest route possible, which we now have.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

The point I’m making is you don’t know and I don’t know what will happen in the next game. 

But Belgium b team beat England b team. 

Big deal. 

England A  team could do very well going forward.

Whats wrong with having a more favorable draw.  

Except that isn't the point you were making at all. You said we could lose to Japan, then proceeded by saying we WERE going to smash Colombia, who is a much better team than Japan and going to be a great deal tougher. 

46 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Either that or you're just ignoring my point on purpose. He didn't send that team out to lose, no matter how many changes we made. Disjointed and under-performed for sure but we were still well in the game and trying to win. We created the best chance of the game which should have been converted and who knows how it might have panned out. He cared about giving his squad game time more than purposely losing the game like you're trying to make out. 

There's a massive difference between wanting to lose and being loyal to your squad when you're already qualified. 

If England lose to Colombia, it'll show you exactly why Southgate is a mug for doing what he did. It's hardly ignoring your point, your point is just completely wrong. He didn't send out the team to lose, and yet he still didn't try to win. Those aren't mutually exclusive. He knew by changing the team there would be a bigger chance of us losing, he just didn't care. It's a losers mentality. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

England are better than those two. There is a reason why they’re like 60/1 to win it.

Everybody can have an opinion on the matter. I personally just can’t see the logic in wanting to play the better teams.

To win a competition you surely want the easiest route possible, which we now have.

60/1 doesn't sound too bad in comparison to Leicester's 5000/1. Odds mean nothing.

Colombia are a better team than Japan so imo finishing top was the best route to take, guess we'll agree to disagree.

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

Pathetic from Southgate. Should be ashamed of himself, setting out to lose is embarrassing and weak. Alexander Arnold, Vardy, Rashford and Dier were all absolutely shocking tonight. 

We deserve to lose to Colombia just for the fact that we're considering it the ''easy road'' it's the world cup. No game is easy. Our mindset is frankly embarrassing and we should be ashamed of it. 

We absolutely did go out to lose. We went down to Belgium with loads of time to change it. Where was Kane? Where was Trippier? If Southgate wanted to win, they'd have been on, it's patently obvious Southgate had no interest in winning the game.

Not exactly doom mongering. We were absolutely bank today. Trying to claim we played well is both disingenuous and stupid. He 100% sent out his team to lose. If he cared at all about winning, we'd not have made 8 changes. We changed the spine of the team.

Here you are mate. Since you've started early this season and I happened to find these while clearing out the attic, if you PM your address I'll get them in the post to you. I've no use for them so no charge and I'll cover the P & P.

Welcome!

Sackcloth-and-Ashes-1024x733.jpg

8 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Except that isn't the point you were making at all. You said we could lose to Japan, then proceeded by saying we WERE going to smash Colombia, who is a much better team than Japan and going to be a great deal tougher. 

Japan beat Columbia 

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Because everyone thought it was a guarantee we'd beat Iceland.

The path to the quarters is irrelevant if we lose to Colombia. Sweden and Switzerland aren't bad sides either. It's so arrogant to think these teams will be easy to beat.

It all stems from the arrogant media toffs on the telly and behind all the newspapers who can't stop themselves, at every competition, they get carried away, and keep repeating the same mistakes, telling us all about, the easiest path to the final and when England beat whoever in the last 16, they will then get so and so, and then get so and so, and then the same folk will be the first to attack Gareth Southgate and the players when it all falls apart again.

The Impossible Job - England Manager is worth a watch, where the media boys and the FA boys in their old school ties, that couldn't kick a football without falling on their backsides if they tried, are waiting like vultures, ready to trip this England side up, once again, and a nation will be left with egg on it's face once again.

The English Media - Do I Not Like That.

Graham Taylor - RIP

3 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Here you are mate. Since you've started early this season and I happened to find these while clearing out the attic, if you PM your address I'll get them in the post to you. I've no use for them so no charge and I'll cover the P & P.

Welcome!

Sackcloth-and-Ashes-1024x733.jpg

Ah you've started early as well. How dare I criticise anything, the world is a completely happy place and we should all hold hands and sing around a campfire. If you don't like my posts, mute me. I have 0 interest in debating this with you.

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Ah you've started early as well. How dare I criticise anything, the world is a completely happy place and we should all hold hands and sing around a campfire. If you don't like my posts, mute me. I have 0 interest in debating this with you.

It was a joke mate ffs. Lighten the duck up for once will ya.

Just now, Andicis said:

Absolutely hilarious.

Yes, you are mate. A proper little ray of sunshine. We're still in there. We're still pitching and we still have a chance.

And btw, if you've 'zero interest in debate' then it might be an idea to avoid football forums as that's kind of the reason they exist.

Archived