Anthony Bourdain dies

Cisse

Tv chef Anthony Bourdain has died. He was 61. He commited a suicide while filming his series.

This one really hurts. I liked the guy because he appreciated good food regardless of origin. You could serve him fine dining or street food and if it was made with passion and proper ingredients he valued it high. No posh nonsense when it wasn't required.

Funny guy too. I will miss his programs.

R.I.P. Anthony

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not someone I'm familiar with (don't tend to watch cooking programmes), but just seen this quote from him:

“I should’ve died in my 20s. I became successful in my 40s. I became a dad in my 50s. I feel like I’ve stolen a car –a really nice car– and I keep looking in the rearview mirror for flashing lights. But there’s been nothing yet”

Very sad, but it would appear not completely unexpected if he'd been suffering such insecurities for so many years - RIP

4 hours ago, Cisse said:

Tv chef Anthony Bourdain has died. He was 61. He commited a suicide while filming his series.

This one really hurts. I liked the guy because he appreciated good food regardless of origin. You could serve him fine dining or street food and if it was made with passion and proper ingredients he valued it high. No posh nonsense when it wasn't required.

Funny guy too. I will miss his programs.

R.I.P. Anthony

Frikin gutted, I loved that guy.

This is the worst celeb death (to me) since Robin Williams. 

And for anybody reading this, he wasn't just a cooking guy. He was as funny as f and he was a great interviewer.

He was also incredibly intelligent, a warm human being and so down to earth.

I'm totally bummed.

Proper shocker to me. First news of anyone going since Gandolfini that made me say "no way" out loud when I heard.

As you say Cisse, he was a proper food hero. Didn't matter if it was a $10 or $100 meal, if he found a quality in it he liked he'd make it known.

Given his past abuses seems like he was lucky to make it to 61, but not to go out like that.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Never heard of him

Here he's probably on five channels all the time. Big news here. I have been reading comments by fellow coutrymen and people mourne him like he was family. And we Finns are not known for being emotional over strangers. (Or the family.)

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Never heard of him

I haven’t either but condolences to his family and friends.

Archived