Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

This is from the Yorkshire post 

United spent several weeks in talks over Derby forward Matej Vydra, but pulled back from discussions after learning that Vydra was seeking an increased wage of over £50,000 a week.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-s-frustrations-mount-as-winger-jozefzoon-heads-to-derby-county-1-9260518

Again why would he go to a club that is currently just average and leave a club where he scored 20 plus goals last season If  they can’t offer him a decent pay rise because it’s the only incentive 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess, now, you're going to have to bear with me on this, that Vydra could play in the number 9 role providing he isn't on the last man. A false 9 position, if you will. 

Carson
Wisdom    Keogh    Davies     Forsyth

Huddlestone
Bryson                  Mount

Wilson               Vydra          Lawrence

It just means that we really don't have an outlet. Vydra will ultimately play the same role, but we need the entire team closer together. Wilson, Bryson, Mount & Lawrence will all have to be options to run behind him. 

In all honesty, I don't see what the difference between this strategy is and what it would have to be if we signed Marriott. We still wouldn't have an outlet. 

Southampton game - score does not matter. 

Carson

Wisdom, Davies, Keogh, Lowe/Bogle 

Mount, Huddlestone, Bryson

Wilson, Lawrence, Jozefzoon

Jerome

Subs - everybody else

Fastest team in the league. 

Score C

FLDCFC  2 - 3 Saints

£5 on ramstv - jobs a gud 'un. 

ton game

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Vydra fits into any team if you ask him to score goals And you give him the ball in the right areas which means not 8 foot high with his back to goal 

So....not as a classic centre forward then? I said that..

We played 4-3-3 under Mac and we used Martin as a focal point. Vydra won't be able to do that. So, have we been using a false 9 in pre season so far?

Just now, Rampage said:

Southampton game - score does not matter. 

Carson

Wisdom, Davies, Keogh, Lowe/Bogle 

Mount, Huddlestone, Bryson

Wilson, Lawrence, Jozefzoon

Jerome

Subs - everybody else

Fastest team in the league. 

Score C

FLDCFC  2 - 3 Saints

£5 on ramstv - jobs a gud 'un. 

ton game

12 men? I know it's a friendly but there might be a rule against that...

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

In all honesty, I don't see what the difference between this strategy is and what it would have to be if we signed Marriott. We still wouldn't have an outlet. 

Except Marriott supposedly runs the channels, which is something Vydra has never done in his Derby career.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I guess, now, you're going to have to bear with me on this, that Vydra could play in the number 9 role providing he isn't on the last man. A false 9 position, if you will. 

Carson

Huddlestone

It just means that we really don't have an outlet. Vydra will ultimately play the same role, but we need the entire team closer together. Wilson, Bryson, Mount & Lawrence will all have to be options to run behind him. 

.it looks great but as you say there is no strength up top to hold the ball which does need doing now we all know in a 433 a fully fit Martin can do that very well but all the signs are that currently the manager has not had an opportunity to see that

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

If you have got four really fast runners you do not need a target man. 

Not sure I agree with that.

Fulham had one of the fastest, most attractive teams last season and benefited vastly when Mitrovic joined their ranks.

12 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

Fulham had one of the fastest, most attractive teams last season and benefited vastly when Mitrovic joined their ranks.

Agree with this, I think they tried having Martin playing like Mitrovic but he gives up too easily and get frustrated too quickly. Mitrovic fights for every ball and can lay off the ball really well. Martin can get marked out the game way too easily.

18 minutes ago, thederbyram said:

We could do with a proven fast target man who can get 20 goals. Have you got £15 million? 

27 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Carson

Huddlestone

This is my concern with Marriott. Bags for fun but is he really a 'focal' point of the attack? 

Vydra is a lot stronger than he looks as well as being electric. Could he be the foil up front that Chrissy Martin was when he had balls played in at chest height and lower? He could also run the channels if we need an outlet? 

I'm not fussed if he stays or goes, just wondering how he'd go on playing centrally on his own. I guess we haven't seen a lot of him in that position as he spent various stages of last season playing off Martin, then Nuge then Jerome. 

As long as we're not pumping balls up to his head, I don't see why he wouldn't be able to be that focal point. 

8 minutes ago, Shang said:

Agree with this, I think they tried having Martin playing like Mitrovic but he gives up too easily and get frustrated too quickly. Mitrovic fights for every ball and can lay off the ball really well. Martin can get marked out the game way too easily.

Not sure I agree with all of that but anyway Newcastle want £20 million for mitrovic so there is a difference 

3 hours ago, WystonRam said:

This is from the Yorkshire post 

United spent several weeks in talks over Derby forward Matej Vydra, but pulled back from discussions after learning that Vydra was seeking an increased wage of over £50,000 a week.

Read more at: https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united-s-frustrations-mount-as-winger-jozefzoon-heads-to-derby-county-1-9260518

I thought they were a BIG club ?????

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

We could do with a proven fast target man who can get 20 goals. Have you got £15 million? 

I've said in a different thread I think.

Tammy Abraham was option A, and I still think we're holding out hope that no Premier League club wants him..

Archived