is it all bad?

Derbylad92

even tho we are having to sell our better players to make some money, the odds of derby being promoted since rowetts left have fallen 

ww.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-countys-promotion-chances-fall-1612145

this might achually give us a chance to let the manager have a season or 2 without people thinking hes failed! i would happily give somebody 2/3 years now do a clough get rid of the dead wood and bring a few younger lads through. (2/3 years might be low but im saying improve us and get us challenging again, not to get us promotion)

Now the expectation is down to a realistic expectations this is the time we are going to start improving again! 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

None of it is bad.

i have just been looking at all our better players look like there going to be sold, but then i have seen the light and exactly what we need! i just hope mel gets a balling manager in (or even attackive), because if its rowetts style of football again i can see fans turning too fast! 

21 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

i have just been looking at all our better players look like there going to be sold, but then i have seen the light and exactly what we need! i just hope mel gets a balling manager in (or even attackive), because if its rowetts style of football again i can see fans turning too fast! 

Who exactly are our better players though? Even Vydra our top scorer wasn't being played towards the end of the season in the new system and we were doing alright. In terms of the rest of our attack the next two highest scorers are a 33 year old Nugent who scored 9 and a 32 year old Jerome who scored 6 - not exactly irreplaceable.

As for the others I suppose maybe Davies and Carson would be a shame to lose. 

I think the new world is something to look forward to - not a bad thing at all. Hopefully we start lowering the age of the squad and playing more attacking football - just like Gary promised we would.

this squad made the play offs playing rowetball,with a manager with a bit of attacking intent we may have gone up automatic,we would certainly made wembley,surely there is another season in these players with decent guidance even without vydra

2 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

Attackive lol......start using that, like it even if it is not an actual word....

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Who exactly are our better players though? Even Vydra our top scorer wasn't being played towards the end of the season in the new system and we were doing alright. In terms of the rest of our attack the next two highest scorers are a 33 year old Nugent who scored 9 and a 32 year old Jerome who scored 6 - not exactly irreplaceable.

As for the others I suppose maybe Davies and Carson would be a shame to lose. 

I think the new world is something to look forward to - not a bad thing at all. Hopefully we start lowering the age of the squad and playing more attacking football - just like Gary promised we would.

the better players were vydra carson and davies and even thomas hes our best young player!

3 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

even tho we are having to sell our better players to make some money, the odds of derby being promoted since rowetts left have fallen 

ww.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/derby-countys-promotion-chances-fall-1612145

this might achually give us a chance to let the manager have a season or 2 without people thinking hes failed! i would happily give somebody 2/3 years now do a clough get rid of the dead wood and bring a few younger lads through. (2/3 years might be low but im saying improve us and get us challenging again, not to get us promotion)

Now the expectation is down to a realistic expectations this is the time we are going to start improving again! 

Clutching at straws.

Archived