Thank You Gary

My last ever comment about Gary is too thank him profusely. I love football. I slow down when I drive past games in the park. Even if its only a game with jumpers for goal posts . It bugs the mrs but that’s just an added bonus.. I have had a ST for 30 years. Last season I was actually bored , depressed and uninterested. The joy had been sucked from me. Results were irrelevant and I started to peer over at Costco thinking maybe I should have a look around on the way home.. but then Gary gave me the gift I craved for. He reignited the passion , the hope , the expectation. Thanks Gary for releasing the straight jacket and jetting off.  I know you will struggle counting all those bridges  on the road to the Brittania. As a thank you there are 11. All stokies know that as it matches their toes. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

My last ever comment about Gary is too thank him profusely. I love football. I slow down when I drive past games in the park. Even if its only a game with jumpers for goal posts . It bugs the mrs but that’s just an added bonus.. I have had a ST for 30 years. Last season I was actually bored , depressed and uninterested. The joy had been sucked from me. Results were irrelevant and I started to peer over at Costco thinking maybe I should have a look around on the way home.. but then Gary gave me the gift I craved for. He reignited the passion , the hope , the expectation. Thanks Gary for releasing the straight jacket and jetting off.  I know you will struggle counting all those bridges  on the road to the Brittania. As a thank you there are 11. All stokies know that as it matches their toes. 

I feel exactly the same,very well put indeed.

5 hours ago, minesahartington said:

More twists and turns in that than in the original House of Cards...

But, just like it, the professions of love and gratitude ended in “FU” copping the whack...

14 hours ago, minesahartington said:

Not what I expected @minesahartingtonBy closing with “Thanks Gary for releasing the straight jacket and jetting off.” 

Very good ?

I reckon a lot of us season ticket holders quietly had very similar thoughts  ??

I wanted Rowett to leave after the Burton game, another soulless performance. I was waiting for Mel to act, but he didn’t somehow Rowett survived and continued his awful negative brand of football. I was bored and not looking forward to next season. Then Stoke make an approach and we transfer him for 2 million. I think Mel played an absolute blinder with this and deserves far more credit. 

The future is now unclear, it could get better or worse, but at least it is interesting!!

Archived