Wisdom position change?

clarkeram7

clarkeram7

With Baird moving on.. Is it any opportunity to maybe bring in another young full back and utilise Wisdom in a slightly different role? 

If we cashed in on Keogh, could he play centre half alongside Davies? Does it also maybe give Bogle the opportunity everyone seems to think he might be given? I just get the feeling if we are to reduce the wages and size of the squad, centre half maybe the place to look at. 

We've got three relatively costly and experienced centre halves in Keogh, Davies and Pearce. Is it worth sacrificing one and moving him inside and give us some pace. If Mel isn't going to invest we may have to get savvy and start being brave and making room for new recruit. Wisdom came through in that position, I don't think it'd be a huge risk. 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, clarkeram7 said:

If Mel isn't going to invest

I keep reading this but one important word is always missing, no “significant” investment.

significant

sɪɡˈnɪfɪk(ə)nt/

adjective

sufficiently great or important to be worthy of attention; noteworthy.

Didn’t he play right side of a back 3 for West Brom in the Prem?

i think it might be a good positional change and get a RWB who can skin a man and deliver a cross.

Against Fulham, as much as I thought Wisdom did ok, he never really got any decent crosses in or offered much of a threat in that final third.

8 hours ago, sage said:

He isn't good enough in the air to play CB. He doesn't judge long aerial balls well. 

He is a RB. Not got the stamina for RWB. 

Didn’t he play CB in Germany on loan? Could be wrong, I was once.

4 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Didn’t he play CB in Germany on loan? Could be wrong, I was once.

Yes he did play CB there some of time. Didn't see any of those games. He just seems a poor judge of an aerial ball to me. Jamie Ward beat him in the air.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes he did play CB there some of time. Didn't see any of those games. He just seems a poor judge of an aerial ball to me. Jamie Ward beat him in the air.

Did he? Maybe he had a run on him? Climbed up his back and stood on his shoulders? ?

They won the league in Germany, I’m sure our current CB’s have missed a few headers in one or two games also.

10 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Did he? Maybe he had a run on him? Climbed up his back and stood on his shoulders? ?

They won the league in Germany, I’m sure our current CB’s have missed a few headers in one or two games also.

They won the Bundesliga with Wisdom playing CB?

If we are playing 3 at the back, he would be cover CB and RWB IMO and first choice RB in a 4. 

14 minutes ago, sage said:

They won the Bundesliga with Wisdom playing CB?

If we are playing 3 at the back, he would be cover CB and RWB IMO and first choice RB in a 4. 

Not Germany silly! Austria.

what you like?

Just now, Boycie said:

You wait to you have kids.

Ohh, was going to say congratulations after seeing your bump in the photo down Covent Garden, didn’t want to offend though, you have to be careful with things like that.

Archived