Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Just now, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Have to admit that i have not once heard anyone say this. Is it a midlands thing like 'duck'? Orreight me duck? What?!! ;)

So, listen to people being interviewed on radio or tv. (See what I did there?) It's quite common now. My mate said he'd never heard it until he was listening out for it and then was surprised at how often it's used

Chippies.

First one is where you just get beaten into it by someone (or there's two of you approaching the door together) and you decide to let them in ahead of you. Then they proceed to order meals for the entire population of a small country and you're in there 10 minutes or so.

Second one is where you're in a huge queue and finally it's your turn.

"Just waiting for chips - be about 5 minutes".

:pinch:

2 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

So, listen to people being interviewed on radio or tv. (See what I did there?) It's quite common now. My mate said he'd never heard it until he was listening out for it and then was surprised at how often it's used

I'll listen out for it then SY. See if I can nail some blighter in the act.

16 hours ago, sage said:

Selfies, selfie sticks. people who put new pictures of themselves on Facebook every day or about 30 of them and their mates pouting on a night out.

Worst of all taking pictures in front of any significant building or sight. I believe you went there. I don't need forensic fooking evidence. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism

For me its just facebook itself, its just a medium for people to post and tell everyone how wonderful their lives are etc etc, if they are that wonderful what do you need to try and convince everyone for?

I hate social media, pretty much the only social media i use is DCFCFans.

8 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

I have discovered this more and more in the work environment, in meetings etc. I get the feeling its used to give the person speaking that extra second or so to formulate what they are actually going to say.

14 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

For me its just facebook itself, its just a medium for people to post and tell everyone how wonderful their lives are etc etc, if they are that wonderful what do you need to try and convince everyone for?

Angry is just gong to Tesco (It's that sort of stuff ain't it).. Ain't on Facebook and now feel I am missing out.

just dipping my toe in..

I will come back in a bit to see how many likes I have got.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

There is a woman at work who is particularly bad at this, forever posting 'look at me' type posts and what appear to be staged pictures of her kid obviously hungry for likes.  One particularly bad example was a post that was somehow a picture of their shadows but holding a leaf out and saying - Me and [kids name] are going to start appreciating nature and posting it's beauty every day.  Cringeworthy.  It was made better by the post that evening though showing here front garden flooded with an angry message.

Never heard about 'nature' again.

8 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Just seen this. I've got to the point that if I meet a new acquaintance and they ask me if I'm on facebook or talk about being on it then it's important that we don't become anymore than passing conversationalists. We would have absolutely nothing in common.

People look at me like I have two heads when I say I'm not on Facebook...I actually end up 'defending' myself like I've said I don't own a t.v. and live in a hut with no running water. PS Neds ehhh..

Can I add my blood literally ? boils when I'm in a supermarket till-queue with a few things.. and an operator shouts over to open a new lane and the **** behind me with a massive trolley-full barges past and starts unloading!! 

2 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

People look at me like I have two heads when I say I'm not on Facebook...I actually end up 'defending' myself like I've said I don't own a t.v. and live in a hut with no running water. PS Neds ehhh..

Can I add my blood literally ? boils when I'm in a supermarket till-queue with a few things.. and an operator shouts over to open a new lane and the **** behind me with a massive trolley-full barges past and starts unloading!! 

I wouldnt let it get you down, you can walk away safely in the knowledge you arent an inconsiderate ill mannered stain on society.

Good manners cost nothing. It is nice to see it does still happen, i was in the supermarket the other day, had 2 items and the nice old lady and gentleman with a full trolley insisted i go before them as they admitted it was going to take them ages.

Of course i didnt hear them as i was on my phone posting on facebook about how great my shopping experience was and told them not to be so rude as to interrupt me :ph34r:

Another speech and language gripe...

'thank you so so much' Everyone says it, it clearly comes from that X factor crap and all their over the top play acting. What's wrong with the good old 'thank you very much'? 

A waitress (sorry, server, waitress is sexist) on my holiday to every English customer took their money and said 'thank you SO much'. :angry:

6 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Another speech and language gripe...

'thank you so so much' Everyone says it, it clearly comes from that X factor crap and all their over the top play acting. What's wrong with the good old 'thank you very much'? 

A waitress (sorry, server, waitress is sexist) on my holiday to every English customer took their money and said 'thank you SO much'. :angry:

well i would rather that than the ignorant gits who think its above them to say thank you.

Last year on holiday in mauritus we were in a restaurant and there was a table of 6 people next to us, i know you shouldnt be too nosey but i couldnt help but notice that the clearly 'alpha' male of the group beckoned the waitress (i am allowed to say waitress i think as she was female) over and told her they wanted more wine, clearly thinking they wished to order some more she asked what they wanted only to be pointed to the bottle of wine that was sat in the cooler, they wanted it pouring.

So she proceeded to pour the wine and not one of them looked up at her or thanked her for doing it.

People who ask 'did you see X-Factor/Dancing on Ice/Celebrity Big Brother last night'? Then when you say, 'no I don't watch it'...Proceed to take advantage of your polite manner by excitedly relay you the whole fricking thing, chapter and verse..even when even you are blatantly so bored by the end you're not even looking any more and reading emails/making a phone call...

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Going for one last - possibly controversial -one, sportsmen (often American athletes but increasingly happening in football) who after winning praise/thank God in really cringey fake modesty.

Why thank God? God didn't make them into successful athletes........they did it themselves.

2 hours ago, Chester40 said:

People who ask 'did you see X-Factor/Dancing on Ice/Celebrity Big Brother last night'? Then when you say, 'no I don't watch it'...Proceed to take advantage of your polite manner by excitedly relay you the whole fricking thing, chapter and verse..even when even you are blatantly so bored by the end you're not even looking any more and reading emails/making a phone call...

Hello Mr Grumpy... Bake Off was cool on Weds.. One of them was battered and left..  Apparently.