I've had a crazy idea ......

RiddingsRam

4 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Shall we once as a fan base try backing the manager ?

Apart from Pearson I've backed every manager since Clough (and including Clough) so don't go saying 'for once'.

Plenty of people questioning Rowett now have backed our managers in the past.

Interestingly my backing was not taken into consideration when Mel decided to sack all the others. 

I was happy with the progress being made under those managers. Mel was not. 

I'm not happy with the progress being made under this manager. This means nothing. It doesn't really matter if we back the manager. 

In the end all that really matters is that Mel backs the manager, and it seems he does for now. I think a better question is how long that will last if performances stay the way they are?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, DRBee said:

For ONCE can you ask a sensible question.   (As you can see the word once can be used loosely, stupidly and inaccurately ).

Fans have backed Rowett most of this season and before. That some are critical now is entirely of his own making. yesterday was Rowett's  'Phil Brown' moment when it became clear he doesn't have a clue.

For once ? What else have I asked that's not sensible ? And what I'm asking this time is more than sensible .

11 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

no hw has taken us backward back to the jewell era, if he was woeth backing yes but hes sold our best players for crap ajnd his footballs crap 2 we wouldñt even get promotion from league 2 under rowett not championsyhip no chance

What does this even say ? 

We need a five year 2 point plan 

bring clough back to build a team 

give him three years and replace him with Mac 

see this owner/ chairman lark is simple really 

How long should sticking through a bad patch go?

Genuinely interested, because that could be a few matches  (Clement, Pearson, Mac2) could be half a season (Mac1, Rowett, could be three years, Nigel Clough)

Thing is, when it's gone bad, the comments in general reflect the same issues, motivation, tactics, transfers, team selection. If only we could get any manager who does those things right whilst losing matches, eh?

I'm not exactly enthusiastic at the moment, but I think circumstances mean we're going to stick with things which may be for the best in the long run even if it doesn't look like it now.

Anyway, the boot now isn't going to salvage a play off push in my view.

2 minutes ago, archied said:

We need a five year 2 point plan 

bring clough back to build a team 

give him three years and replace him with Mac 

see this owner/ chairman lark is simple really 

How about a plan where we just get 86 points in a single year? That'd work, surely ;)

I’ll back him if he makes some brave decisions - now.

The players either don’t want to play this style, or they aren’t good enough.

So either pander to the players and change the style, or change the players (we still have a big enough squad to change all 11 if needs be).

But, playing the same formation, with largely the same starting 11 will result in me not backing the manager.

Deal?

I'd love nothing more than to back the manager, but regrettably i feel that the tactics are a major part of the problem, as is his recruitment.

ultimately derby county are for ever, managers are just temporary

Archived