Richard Keogh.

Oneram66

2 hours ago, unclej said:

He has been a miasma.  With what I've seen, I wouldn't be a right-back under Keogh for all the China tea. Now we can start building a team. No manager would risk him for the final few games, the liability he is, it would reflect directly on them.  If I'm wrong; £100 to Ashbourne Animal Welfare.   

C'mon you Blues. Anyone but UTD. 

Nice one. I think Ashbourne Animal Welfare will be very pleased.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Nice one. I think Ashbourne Animal Welfare will be very pleased.

...and hugely surprised that some windbag on the internet actually followed through with a bet they made on a forum. 

I'd betcha Cosmic but I'd rather it go to a good cause, not that you aren't I'm sure. 

I think history will relate what actually went off behind the scenes that allowed the last four years to slip by without achievement of any kind.

'But he's Derby through & through mate'

'Wears his heart on his sleeve mate'

'Leaves nothing on the pitch mate'

'He gives everything he's got'

'Say what you like about him, he tries his heart out for Derby'

On we go without him...

51 minutes ago, unclej said:

I'd betcha Cosmic but I'd rather it go to a good cause, not that you aren't I'm sure. 

I think history will relate what actually went off behind the scenes that allowed the last four years to slip by without achievement of any kind.

'But he's Derby through & through mate'

'Wears his heart on his sleeve mate'

'Leaves nothing on the pitch mate'

'He gives everything he's got'

'Say what you like about him, he tries his heart out for Derby'

On we go without him...

Keogh not in todays team and that's the correct decision. I suspect that generally most fans aren't anti Richard Keogh. Of course there are always a few mindless boo boys. Which ever way you view things, Keogh deserves credit for the 90 percent of the time when he is very good. However that doesn't mean he isn't above criticism. 

I'm not anti-Keogh by any stretch, but this idea that he is a marauding, driving centre half is in my opinion wrong.

It's very rare that his escapades upfield end in anything other than a sideways pass. He doesn't have an incisive forward pass in him.

I don't think Pearce is the long term answer - he's too prone to short bursts of great form followed by poor spells - but his forward passing today was something for Keogh to watch and learn from.

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

I'm not anti-Keogh by any stretch, but this idea that he is a marauding, driving centre half is in my opinion wrong.

It's very rare that his escapades upfield end in anything other than a sideways pass. He doesn't have an incisive forward pass in him.

I don't think Pearce is the long term answer - he's too prone to short bursts of great form followed by poor spells - but his forward passing today was something for Keogh to watch and learn from.

He had passed forward with speed and precision at times, I think that’s a bit harsh in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He had passed forward with speed and precision at times, I think that’s a bit harsh in my opinion.

I didn't say he never had, I said I think it's rare. And I was trying to make a positive post about how he can improve.

13 minutes ago, ck- said:

Sorry, I was replying to this bit really.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

Sorry, I was replying to this bit really.

Yes that was perhaps a little too harsh. On reflection:

"He rarely finishes those runs with an incisive forward pass"

8 minutes ago, ck- said:

Yes that was perhaps a little too harsh. On reflection:

"He rarely finishes those runs with an incisive forward pass"

Hey, I admire this type of post, I’ve done it myself and retracted.

No worries mate.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

He’s getting some stick really, some justified, some not.

He does seem to get a higher "stick to mistake ratio" than others I'm afraid, along with Forsyth, Lawrence & Jerome.

That said 2 wins, 2 clean sheets & 2 faultless performances from Pearce justifies the manager's decision.

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

He does seem to get a higher "stick to mistake ratio" than others I'm afraid, along with Forsyth, Lawrence & Jerome.

That said 2 wins, 2 clean sheets & 2 faultless performances from Pearce justifies the manager's decision.

I think that's because you tend to criticise more the ones you know have got the ability - perhaps our frustration is based on what we know could have been, if only.....

Archived