SBW 20: Paul Peschisolido

Our new podcast is up now, to entertain everyone during the international break.

We met up with Paul Peschisolido to look back on his time at Derby, and he was on top form. In our chat Pesch talked about:

- Which 'arrogant' former Rams teammate needed 'taking down a peg or two'.
- The bizarre demand Billy Davies made to Pesch before the 2007 play-off final.
- How he gave Gary Rowett his big break in coaching in 2009.

All comments, feedback and shares on social media would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening! Chris

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great interview. Very likeable character, open and a good storyteller.  Shame for us and Radio Derby that he's got a much better job. 

I'm stunned at the inept and or callous way he was informed of being let go. Never heard a footballer say they would have played for free before and call me sentimental but I believed him.

Great work pod peddlers.

On 3/27/2018 at 18:10, Andrew3000 said:

Great interview. Very likeable character, open and a good storyteller.  Shame for us and Radio Derby that he's got a much better job. 

I'm stunned at the inept and or callous way he was informed of being let go. Never heard a footballer say they would have played for free before and call me sentimental but I believed him.

Great work pod peddlers.

It's a lovely sentiment and he seemed to mean it, but I had my doubts somehow....

'Paul, there's good news and bad news.'
'OK....'
'The good news is, we're keeping you on next season.'
'Great!'
'The bad news is, you're getting a 100% pay cut.'
'No worries, see you Monday.!'

• 2 weeks later...

Archived