Last 10 games

Bris Vegas

Scored 11 goals

Don’t know what many people were expecting, but with Lawrence, Anya and Weimann as our ‘creative trio’ we’re going to struggle for goals for the rest of the season unless there is a change of system.

How poor of a decision does allowing Russell to leave in January now?

It’s not even the forwards who are to blame. Jerome and Nugent only look poor and out of form because of what’s behind them.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I think the problem is that they are all really squad players and have been at the other clubs they’ve been at (aside Lawrence who I think will come good). They haven’t really got the consistency to maintain a place week in/week out

On a bit of an aside. Mclaren said something interesting today in the studio after the game about the January transfer window, that Russell wasn’t just going to be a miss on the pitch but off it as well because he was a character in the dressing room. When you lose players like that in January it can have a big impact on the dynamic of the dressing room. Maybe losing Martin and Russell has had a bigger impact than what we as fans would originally think because we’ve lost ‘characters’

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Scored 11 goals

Don’t know what many people were expecting, but with Lawrence, Anya and Weimann as our ‘creative trio’ we’re going to struggle for goals for the rest of the season unless there is a change of system.

It’s not even the forwards who are to blame. Jerome and Nugent only look poor and out of form because of what’s behind them.

Bris we will probably score goals the same way we have done the other 55 Your right we probably do need a change of system why don't you play manager and give us some ideas Russell come on he definitely is not a creator always looked good running across country to keep it on his left foot usually to no end product  We either made him see his contract out till June or take the £250,000 for him Agree with you about Jerome and Nugent the system makes them look poor What the answer is with the squad we have I don't know That's why I've got to go to work tomorrow and not a football manager ?

29 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

but with Lawrence, Anya and Weimann as our ‘creative trio’ we’re going to struggle for goals for the rest of the season unless there is a change of system

I'd say that's our B team creative trio only playing together because of injuries. The A team creative trio of Palmer/Vydra/Johnson sounds much better.

24 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Scored 11 goals

Agree. Russell was the only one we had who actually ran with the ball and the only one who ever got to the bye line to cross it or cut it back and in terms of the others wieman ( who is doing better than ever with us) runs after the ball and Anya always looks like he is taking part in a testimonial and Lawrence doesn’t look like a wide player to me more of a fluffy type who think they are something that they are not - we have what I consider as reserves in forward positions 

2 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

I'd say that's our B team creative trio only playing together because of injuries. The A team creative trio of Palmer/Vydra/Johnson sounds much better.

I'm sorry, but an A Team that includes Badly Johnson isn't the A Team.

He's more the female reporter who sometimes appeared to write up their escapades.

Looks good, but is always the bystander when the action gets going.

20 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'm sorry, but an A Team that includes Badly Johnson isn't the A Team.

He's more the female reporter who sometimes appeared to write up their escapades.

Looks good, but is always the bystander when the action gets going.

Swap him for Lawrence(Murdoch) or Wiemann (Face) then. I'd play B.A. Johnson though.

Either way I don't the original post has the right 'creative trio'.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

We weren't allowed to suggest that when we had Martin, so why can we now?

The system we play depends on Vydra being (on the pitch!) in form. Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Archived