should we get a replacement for Winnall...

Ellafella

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

yes or no ?

A free agent....

yes...I think we should.

Just in case lightening strikes twice and we lose [God forbid] another though injury. Remember we lost Hughes and Bryson together.

What do you think?

Not sure who is available.  If we are recouping Winnalls wages via insurance  and a decent option is out there then yes I would. But don’t know on both counts. I certainly wouldn’t rush things though, see how we go for a few games and if we look light in that department, then act. When is the cut off for signings? I’m sure you can’t sign free transfers for ever

Judging by Rowett's decisions this season, for some reason yet to be suggested or identified, the Rams will be better despite losing a very promising, improving player.

When Winnall gets fit and back to his best, say next january, Derby will inquire and Winnall will ask for a transfer. He KNOWS that Rowett can improve him and that he will be surrounded by very good players.

Rowett's key skills are man management and the ability to improve players.

All the Derby players know that moaning is not an option and working even harder for the team is the only way to play in the first team next week.

We should only get a replacement if we start to falter. Identify the right player, make him aware of our situation, tell him to get really fit and inform him that he is our first choice and may get a call. Rowett says that we will be ok but he already knows who he would ask.

TobyWanKenobi

Not necessary in my opinion. Nugent and Jerome to rotate, Vydra I'm sure is capable of playing up top when needed and we also have a capable U23s setup that there's no point in having if it's not going to feed the first team every so often.

Archived