6.20pm typed announcement with Sage

sage

43 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

Gizz us a clue what was said please.

So far as I can work out, Gary Rowett has been sacked and replaced by Steve Cotterill because we couldn't get our money back on a late April fools day prank by Sam Rush that meant we couldn't get Richard Keogh to sign a new contract without Johnny Russell having to emigrate. Or summat,

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

OK, joking aside about the announcement I presume you are joking?

No.

Point one - having to buy your season ticket four months before the season starts to guarantee your seat. No I think that is very wrong.

Having to renew that early again to be entitled to the season ticket free next season is wrong as well. The free season ticket offer was phenomenal, probably a co*k up by MM as at the time we looked a more like a relegation team than a promotion team and attendances are down (despite the pathetic attempt at the fans forum to claim otherwise). However as it was not a thought out policy, the details are only coming to light now and it's basically bribing the 22,000 season ticket holds to renew early in the chance of going up.

Now I think about 17,000 renewed before the early bird last year. So basically 5000 may not have the money to do it this quickly. So Mel is penalising those individuals by not only taking their seat away but also by not giving them a free ticket after he made this commitment.

For me, simple as, you have a season ticket this season, we go up, you should get one next season. We shouldn't be loaning the club money.

3 minutes ago, rammieib said:

No.

Point one - having to buy your season ticket four months before the season starts to guarantee your seat. No I think that is very wrong.

Having to renew that early again to be entitled to the season ticket free next season is wrong as well. The free season ticket offer was phenomenal, probably a co*k up by MM as at the time we looked a more like a relegation team than a promotion team and attendances are down (despite the pathetic attempt at the fans forum to claim otherwise). However as it was not a thought out policy, the details are only coming to light now and it's basically bribing the 22,000 season ticket holds to renew early in the chance of going up.

Now I think about 17,000 renewed before the early bird last year. So basically 5000 may not have the money to do it this quickly. So Mel is penalising those individuals by not only taking their seat away but also by not giving them a free ticket after he made this commitment.

For me, simple as, you have a season ticket this season, we go up, you should get one next season. We shouldn't be loaning the club money.

So how about no early bird discount and no free ticket offer, is that fairer?

4 minutes ago, rammieib said:

However as it was not a thought out policy, the details are only coming to light now and it's basically bribing the 22,000 season ticket holds to renew early in the chance of going up.

The details were published at the time, just think many probably didn't read the article fully.

1st September 2017

"Anyone that purchases their 2017/18 Season Ticket no later than Saturday 30th September 2017, and renews their Season Ticket during the first period of sale for 2018/19 in early 2018, will receive their money back should the Rams be promoted to the Premier League this season."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

7 minutes ago, David said:

The details were published at the time, just think many probably didn't read the article fully.

1st September 2017

"Anyone that purchases their 2017/18 Season Ticket no later than Saturday 30th September 2017, and renews their Season Ticket during the first period of sale for 2018/19 in early 2018, will receive their money back should the Rams be promoted to the Premier League this season."

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/09/mel-morris-provides-season-ticket-holder-commitment

Dont let facts get In the way of a good story.

45 minutes ago, David said:

1st September 2017

Fair enough, I retract most comments. April 2nd is too early though.

Archived