Current Squad

Charlie George

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson, roos, mitchell, baird, wisdom, forsyth, olssen, keogh, davies, pearce, huddlestone, Thorne, ledley, hanson, russell, vydra, weimann, lawrence, bennett, thomas, johnson, jerome, nugent, winnall, martin, anya

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

Carson, roos, mitchell, baird, wisdom, forsyth, olssen, keogh, davies, pearce, huddlestone, Thorne, ledley, hanson, russell, vydra, weimann, lawrence, bennett, thomas, johnson, jerome, nugent, winnall, martin, anya

Wow - still top heavy. 

Still need one if not both keepers out on loan plus Hanson,Bennett,Martin and Anya out to bring a couple in.

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

N=26. GR, IFRR, said he wanted just about 23 "in the building".

So who else leaves the building?

1 hour ago, Charlie George said:

Wow - still top heavy. 

Still need one if not both keepers out on loan plus Hanson,Bennett,Martin and Anya out to bring a couple in.

That's about right I'd say. That would give space for 3 ins...although I would keep CM. I suspect he might have decided that as he's worn quite a nice patina on the leather of his heated seat in the dugout he might just stick around for the ride. See how things pan out...a sort of sabbatical if you will...:mellow:

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Roos or Mitchell 

Hanson

Anya 

Bennett

Martin

Would we keep him? He's still only 22; lots of recent speculation {Bolton, Southend, etc}. Can do a very good job at CDM and I think still to properly demonstrate his full potential. Will he be one of those players that returns to Derby in three years in opposition colours looking like a thoroughbred and we all face-palm and say "why the fork did we let Hanson go after raising him from childhood?":mellow:

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Would we keep him? He's still only 22; lots of recent speculation {Bolton, Southend, etc}. Can do a very good job at CDM and I think still to properly demonstrate his full potential. Will he be one of those players that returns to Derby in three years in opposition colours looking like a thoroughbred and we all face-palm and say "why the fork did we let Hanson go after raising him from childhood?":mellow:

22 years old and never had a substantial run of games, would be very surprised if your prediction comes true.

Lower end Championship to higher League One level in my opinion.

A good ball winner but doesn't seem to have much more in terms of skillsets. 

4 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Why do we suddenly need a new keeper instead of Mitchell and Roos? I’ve only seen this mentioned recently; has something happened to make them not good enough, or is it just Carson’s form which has raised our expectations?

I wondered this.

We were linked with Kuszcak and all of a sudden lots of people seemed to decide Mitchell and Roos are no good.

Mitchell is a talent but I'm really surprised by Roos' lack of progression. 

10 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

Why do we suddenly need a new keeper instead of Mitchell and Roos? I’ve only seen this mentioned recently; has something happened to make them not good enough, or is it just Carson’s form which has raised our expectations?

I think it's because Mitchell had a shaky game for the under 23s. Roos, on the other hand, did really well at Plymouth and bossed his latest under 23 appearance. 

But more importantly than that, Rowett seems to be looking for 'experienced ' cover. He's a big fan of experience, our Gary! So far he seems to be right.

It's a good job I am not the manager - I would play the youngsters! 

25 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

it's GR thinking through every possible "Murphy's Law" eventuality. ie Carso gets injured; and for the final 5 games we bring in Mitchell, who though a very good keeper, has a howler and his confidence is shot...we drop from #2 to #5 as a result of 4 defeats.

Experience counts for an awful lot so GR is manning every base to ensure we don't spoil the ship for ha'pporth of tar. D'ya get me?

image.png.e24c5c03c902e88e09690c2f1b8c1838.png

2 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

No, it’s a practical consideration in his ability to do the job.

You’re less likely to belt a football at a face like that. 

:blink:

Archived