Curtis Davies

Ellafella

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gives a good insight into CD's character. When he came as a player, I thought he was a bit of a vanity signing by GR. We had a good set of defenders already so why? But now I totally get it. GR bought him as much for his character as for his defensive attributes. I like CD...he is what I would call a "cultural architect". In fact, GR has filled the side with steel and backbone and endeavour. 

I am very excited for tonight's game. I really hope the players make us Derby fans feel proud. I hope they bust their guts for the shirt. I know CD will. 

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

Gives a good insight into CD's character. When he came as a player, I thought he was a bit of a vanity signing by GR. We had a good set of defenders already so why? But now I totally get it. GR bought him as much for his character as for his defensive attributes. I like CD...he is what I would call a "cultural architect". In fact, GR has filled the side with steel and backbone and endeavour. 

I am very excited for tonight's game. I really hope the players make us Derby fans feel proud. I hope they bust their guts for the shirt. I know CD will. 

Gotcha, and I concur. I wasn’t sure what the face was for after posting the article. 

Initially I thought his legs had gone (first 5-10 games of season) but as with most of the squad, since the team has started looking like they’re playing Rowetts system, he has looked solid as a rock. Keogh has thrived next to him too.

2 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Gotcha, and I concur. I wasn’t sure what the face was for after posting the article. 

Initially I thought his legs had gone (first 5-10 games of season) but as with most of the squad, since the team has started looking like they’re playing Rowetts system, he has looked solid as a rock. Keogh has thrived next to him too.

The face is a bit of a shtick really. :mellow:

Always rated him as a player but was concerned when we bought him because of his recent injury record at Hull. Interesting to see him explain that. He did seem more of an attacking threat early in the season, but I'd forgotten he's scored in an FA Cup final. Given he's doing press, he's probably in the team for later so let's hope he bags us a goal!

Archived