which change was to blame for THAT

RadioactiveWaste

Chris Martin is a class championship striker, his record over the last 3 seasons prove that. Our style of play does not fit Chris Martin's strengths. But what a class player to have in the squad if Rowett had to change it. But with Vydra, Nugent, Bemt, Mason and Winnall we have the best striking options in the Division

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Chris Martin is a class championship striker, his record over the last 3 seasons prove that. Our style of play does not fit Chris Martin's strengths. But what a class player to have in the squad if Rowett had to change it. But with Vydra, Nugent, Bemt, Mason and Winnall we have the best striking options in the Division

Wouldn’t include Bent or Bennett in that list. We’ve got 3 good ones - all proving themselves with outrageously good goals so far this season 

Great to have such a set of striking options in our squad...rowett clearly can't believe his luck...he's like a kid with a selection box before each game,frantically grabbing at his sweets,unable to choose which is his favourite each time!

I've decided my favourite thing is the ignore option on here so again I don't have read the drivel that ninos puts out...I've realised it actually sours my Derby experience.... begone foul demon!

8 hours ago, Ninos said:

So will the Martinites just shut up now

With the best will in the world Ninos, where the **** are you coming from here? We're on a storming run, why does your first last and only focus with regard to our club have to be around your loathing of Chris Martin? We all get it, we know your position, most of us think your judgement is somewhere in the range between harsh to delusional. It got old 2 months ago. By this stage you're just fishing for blocks and I don't want to block anyone. Have a think about it will you?

I can't remember when we last had three or four such good strikers.

its a long long time.

Nugent, vydra, winnall, martin is a superb strikeforce. They all offer something slightly different.

chris is still the best hold up player, and the most physically strong. His attitude is superb. He must be frustrated and bemused. Having been shipped out to fulham and then having had us begging him to come back. 

But the others are all on fire.

the winnall who came on as sub v millwall looked a different animal. Tremendous van basten-esque volley showed a new confidence. Best goal of the season v ipswich. 

Credit to GR for the swap. I thought it smacked of tommy doc. But delighted to be proven wrong.

I hope we can get him signed up. 

Archived